Data Scientist (Core Product) - Uber for Business
Uber for Business is on a path to revolutionize the way businesses manage their ground transportation needs. We need creative, quantitative thinkers with the ability to clearly synthesize and communicate insights from product data to accelerate us down this path.
As a Data Scientist on Uber for Business you will work hand in hand with the Product, Marketing, Design and Engineering teams to keep product development data driven and informed. You will oversee all analytical work related to the core product offering including experimental design for product changes (many with difficult constraints), defining and measuring metrics and KPIs, predictive modeling and quantitatively understanding the business travel experience.
What you’ll need:
- Quantitative background in Statistics, Computer Science, Math, Economics, Physics or another technical field. Graduate degrees preferred.
- Extensive experience with common analysis tools – SQL, R, Python, Julia or similar. Demonstrable familiarity with programming concepts.
- 2+ years experience in quantitative analytical roles, preferably product related.
- Highly analytical and able to extract key insights from data then communicate them clearly and effectively to stakeholders.
- Ability to work in high growth, ambiguous environment.
- Advanced knowledge of experimentation and statistical methods.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top