Data Scientist - Business Platforms
When most people think about Uber as a workplace, they tend to think about all the customer-facing projects and products – UberX, UberEATS, Uber for Business, etc. The Business Services are the foundation on which those amazing experiences are built – they own the flow of data to the outward facing groups, build the tools and infrastructure to unlock new functionality, and eliminate redundancy and inefficiency by building intelligently abstracted platforms. We’re looking for a senior data scientist to take on the broad mandate of supporting the full breadth of the Business Services group.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working on a group of cross functional platform teams of data scientists and engineers who support Uber’s core businesses, including communications, customer support, marketing, and data.
- Create and maintain data pipelines, dashboards, and a data model around the key metrics and performance indicators for the group. Work with product and engineering leaders to set vision, identify strategic objectives and goals for the team, and hold teams accountable for their work.
- Help to identify key opportunities within the platform groups and advise on new product development to move the needle. Design and carry out experiments to suggest new strategic directions for the platforms.
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- Demonstrable domain expertise in product metric identification, improving data quality, A/B testing, building data models, and experimentation design and execution. Marketing data, Salesforce data, and customer service data experience a plus.
- A graduate degree or equivalent in computer science or a quantitative domain plus hands-on software engineering and data science experience. Technical understanding must go from the highest abstractions down to the metal.
- 4+ years experience delivering, scaling, and owning highly successful and innovative data science products with your fingerprints all over them – you’re extremely proud of what you’ve accomplished.
- Demonstrable proficiency in producing production level code (Python, Go, Spark preferred) and programming concepts, combined with the enthusiasm and passion to build.
- An ability to connect the deep domain expertise of the researcher with the pragmatism and scrappiness of the entrepreneur – you’re a true generalist.
- A high bar across the board – from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on.
- A “driver” personality – biased toward action, great collaborator and master disambiguator / simplifier – constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top