Data Scientist - Advanced Analytics
Are you interested in developing and applying quantitative solutions related to Uber’s problems? Do you believe data builds better products and has a key role in product decisions? This is the job for you.
You’ll be partnering with Uber’s product and engineering teams to drive actionable data insights and solutions from some of the world’s most interesting datasets. Our data scientists work on every aspect of the product — whether it’s exploratory research to understand user behavior for riders and drivers, or running experiments to optimize untapped areas of growth, or building machine learning models to mitigate fraud on our platform. The perfect candidate will have a strong quantitative background, will be able to tackle abstract business and engineering problems with extreme precision, and has the enthusiasm and initiative necessary to deliver those answers at Uber’s breakneck pace.
Here are the kinds of skills we are looking for:
- 2+ years of experience in quantitative analysis experience (preferably in an engineering or product role).
- Quantitative background in Statistics, Computer Science, Math or other technical field. Graduate degrees preferred.
- Experience with common analysis tools – SQL, R, and Python. Demonstrable familiarity with code and programming concepts.
- Strong product mindset – you ask and tackle the most important analytical questions with a view on driving product impact.
- Driven and focused self-starters, great communicators, amazing follow-through – you are entrepreneurial and love the responsibility of being individually empowered.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top