Data Science - Strategic Partnerships, Tech
We’ve partnered with Google to bring Uber to Google Maps, collaborated with Apple on key launches that integrate Uber with Apple Pay (iPhone 6) and Siri + Apple Maps (iOS 10), and teamed up with Facebook to enable users to sign up and request Uber rides through Messenger. As a Data Scientist on Tech Partnerships, these are some of the high-profile initiatives you’ll be partnering with product and engineering teams to deliver business impact.
You’ll be driving all data-related work for these strategic partnerships — whether it’s designing creative experiments run on partner applications to optimize the integrations, or doing exploratory analyses to understand user behavior and to identify untapped opportunities, or building machine-learning models to arrive at actionable insights that shape product and business strategy for expanding Uber’s reach.
The perfect candidate will have a strong quantitative background, will be able to tackle abstract problems with extreme precision to deliver high impact, and have the enthusiasm and initiative necessary to move at Uber’s breakneck pace.
We are looking for
- 2+ years of experience in quantitative analysis experience (preferably in an engineering or product role).
- Quantitative background in Statistics, Computer Science, Math, Physics, Economics, or another technical field. Graduate degrees preferred.
- Experience with common analysis tools — SQL, R, and Python. Demonstrable familiarity with code and programming concepts.
- Strong product mindset — you ask and tackle the most important analytical questions with a view on driving product impact.
- Driven and focused self-starters, great communicators, amazing follow-through — you are entrepreneurial and love the responsibility of being individually empowered.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top