Data Science - Rider
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it’s heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We’re making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we’re doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber’s positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
The Rider team at Uber is responsible for accelerating demand growth across 400+ cities worldwide. The Data Scientist – Rider role will provide the data expertise as we drive towards enhancing growth and deepening engagement. In this position, you will offer a data-driven perspective and work closely with product, engineering, and marketing. You will be on the forefront of analysis and leverage our data sources to propose new ideas related to every area of our product, including quantifying the value of riders, exploring trends in user behavior, and optimizing features via experimentation. Our team’s autonomy gives us the flexibility to focus on the highest-impact projects in this dynamic and challenging role as we bring increasing numbers of users onto the Uber platform.
What you’ll do
- Leverage data to perform intensive analysis across all areas of our business to drive product development
- Design experiments and interpret the results to draw detailed and actionable conclusions
- Generate ideas for exploratory analysis to shape future projects and provide recommendations for actions
- Perform time-series analyses, hypothesis testing, and causal analyses to statistically assess relative impact and extract trends
- Build models to enhance understanding of user behavior and predict future performance of cohorts
- Create dashboards and reports to regularly communicate results and monitor key metrics
- Present findings to senior management to strengthen business decisions
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across disciplines such as product, engineering, operations, and marketing
What you’ll need
- At least 4 years of experience in a quantitative analysis role
- BA/BS/MS in Math, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or other quantitative field (advanced degrees are a plus)
- Excellent SQL skills and the ability to use tools such as Python, R, Excel, or Tableau to work efficiently at scale with large data sets
- Advanced knowledge of experimentation and statistical methods
- Ability to deliver on tight timelines and move quickly while maintaining attention to detail
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to execute on decisions
- Self-driven with the ability to work in a self-guided manner
- Superb communication and organization skills
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top