Data Science - Operations
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join Uber’s Operations team to drive analytical insights for our 450+ cities. In this role, you will leverage our immense datasets (i.e mobile event, rider and driver behavior, geolocation, payment) and work with city teams, product managers, and engineers to drive decision making at the city, regional and global level.
This role is a great fit for candidates who have a strong Data Science background and are interested in turning their analysis skills toward solving operational and strategic problems.
What you’ll be doing:
- Build Machine Learning models to help optimize our operations globally
- Dig through our extensive datasets to find actionable insights for city teams
- Run experiments across the world to help continuously improve our business
- Work with Data teams across the company (i.e. product, engineering, finance) on cross-functional projects
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- Graduate degrees required Ph.D degree preferred
- Extensive experience with common analysis tools – SQL, R, Python, Julia or similar.
- Demonstrable familiarity with programming concepts
- 4+ years experience in quantitative analytical roles
- Highly analytical and able to extract key insights from data then communicate them clearly and effectively to stakeholders
- Ability to work in high growth, ambiguous environment
- Advanced knowledge of experimentation and statistical methods
- Employees are given Uber credits every month
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top