Data Science Manager - Shared Rides
Uber’s Shared Rides team is responsible for materially reducing the cost of transportation. In doing so, we take cars off the road, reduce congestion on our streets, and improve how people get around their cities. We are looking for an experienced data science manager to lead a diverse group of data scientists, in collaboration with a broader group of engineers, product managers, product ops, and Uber city teams in this mission.
Shared Rides data science is responsible for the analytics involved in enabling our drivers to transport multiple riders heading the same way and ensure that uberPOOL is an attractive opportunity to drivers and rider; experimenting with innovative new product offerings like uberHOP and pickup swaps; simulating marketplace changes to understand their effects; and designing our realtime dispatching and pricing systems to benefit riders, drivers and cities.
Joining our team is a unique opportunity to be part of a team that is changing the world of transportation and logistics forever. For the data science leader who wants to have a fundamental influence on the trajectory of a hyper-growth company, this is the opportunity of a lifetime!
The skills required for the job include:
- The ability to lead a diverse team that uses technical tools from Operations Research, Statistics, Machine Learning, and Economics
- At least two years experience successfully leading a technical team
- The ability to coordinate with diverse stakeholders from data science, product, engineering, and city operations
- A strong record of prior research and / or product development experience
- PhD strongly prefered in a quantitative field such as Operations Research, Statistics, Management Science, Computer Science or Economics.
- Familiarity with technical tools for analysis and engineering implementation
- A Research-to-Implementation Mindset: ability to spearhead a project from idea to experimentation to prototype to implementation.
- Driven and focused self-starter, great communicator, amazing follow-through – you aggressively tackle your work and love the responsibility of being individually empowered.
- You want to change the world. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- A desire to work with sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun environment.
401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
Monthly Uber credits
Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
At Uber we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top