Data Science Manager - Product Partnerships
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
We're looking for an experienced data science leader to lead and scale a team tackling some of the hardest data problems on our product partnerships world.
Your team of data scientists works closely with Product and Engineering to drive actionable data insights and solutions in our partnerships. We've partnered with Google to bring Uber to Google Maps, collaborated with Apple on key launches that integrate Uber with Apple Pay (iPhone 6) and Siri + Apple Maps (iOS 10), and teamed up with Facebook to enable users to sign up and request Uber rides through Messenger. We are working with Capital One to introduce Payment Rewards, which enables riders to earn and redeem rewards on Uber by using a Quicksilver card, and with Visa to introduce Local Offers, a product that allows users to shop and dine at their local favorites to earn free Uber rides. Finally, we augment the experience of our riders and drivers with our Pandora partnership offering free premium services to our drivers and with our FourSquare integration in the new rider app.
We work on every aspect of the product - whether it's exploratory research to understand user behavior for riders and drivers, or running experiments to optimize untapped areas of growth, or building machine learning models to mitigate fraud on our platform. For the data science leader who wants to have a fundamental influence on the trajectory of a hyper-growth company, this is the opportunity of a lifetime.
- 4+ years of experience in quantitative analysis, and a strong educational background in an engineering or technical field.
- Prior management and team-building experience. You'll be managing several direct reports initially and will have the opportunity to scale and build out a team of experts.
- Strong technical background to mentor the Data Scientists of the team and guide them through estimating the ROI of our projects. Experience with common analysis tools - SQL, R, and Python. Demonstrable familiarity with code and programming concepts.
- Strong execution and organization. This team will be working with engineers and product leads at the bleeding edge of the development cycle. To be successful in this role, you should be comfortable executing with little oversight and be able to adapt to problems quickly.
- Strategic mindset - you're comfortable thinking a few steps ahead of where the team is at now.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top