Data Science Manager - Marketplace Dynamics
The Marketplace Dynamics team at Uber is looking for experienced data science leaders to lead and scale functional teams tackling some of the hardest quantitative problems related to improving Uber’s real time marketplace. These challenging problems include: optimizing Uber’s dynamic pricing system; providing real time positioning guidance to drivers; optimizing dispatches of drivers to incoming requests; matching riders together for UberPool, and many more.
Joining our team is a unique opportunity to be part of changing the world of transportation and logistics forever. For the data science leader who wants to have a fundamental influence on the trajectory of a hyper-growth company, this is the opportunity of a lifetime!
- 4+ years industry experience in data analytics and/or quantitative modeling, with at least 2 years experience as an individual technical contributor
- Strong educational background in an quantitative field, such as Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science, or Machine Learning; Masters or PhD degree preferred
- Prior management and team-building experience. You’ll be managing several direct reports initially and will have the opportunity to scale and build out a team of experts.
- Entrepreneurial. Everywhere you go, you can’t help but mobilize people, build things, solve problems, roll up your sleeves, go above and beyond, raise the bar. You are an insatiable doer and driver.
- Strong execution and organization. This team will be working with engineers and product leads at the bleeding edge of the development cycle. To be successful in this role, you should be comfortable executing with little oversight and be able to adapt to problems quickly.
- Strategic mindset – you’re comfortable thinking a few steps ahead of where the team is at now.
- Experience with common analysis tools – SQL, R, and Python. Demonstrable familiarity with code and programming concepts.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top