Data Science Manager - Machine Learning
Uber Data Science is looking for a world class domain expert and people leader for our core Data Infrastructure group. Our data infrastructure team is tasked with building and scaling the technology and tools that the entire company uses to transmit, consume, store, and introspect its information. We’re looking for a lead who’s excited about creating leverage and impact by leading data scientists working on projects from providing a quantitative understanding of the users of our data tools to developing new methods for tracking our data quality and freshness.
- Demonstrated proficiency with work with data infrastructure systems – you’ve got work experience with things like Hadoop, Spark, Vertica, SQL, ETL systems, and data models.
- Prior management and teambuilding experience: You’ll be managing several direct reports initially and will have the opportunity to scale and build out a team of experts.
- Detail-oriented attitude: This team will be working with engineers and product leads in one of the most core product areas to Uber. To be successful in this role, you should be comfortable executing with little oversight and be able to drive lasting impact, even when the part forward is not obvious.
- Strong passion for establishing process and standards around data latency, data quality, and data lineage.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top