Data Science Manager - Advanced Analytics
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
We're looking for an experienced data science leader to lead and scale a team addressing some of the hardest data problems on one or more of our products.
Your team of data scientists will be partnering with Product and Engineering to advance actionable data insights and solutions from Uber's large datasets. We work on every aspect of the product - whether it's exploratory research to understand user behavior for riders and drivers, or running experiments to optimize untapped areas of growth, or developing machine learning models to mitigate fraud on our platform. For the data science leader who wants to have a fundamental impact on the trajectory of a hyper-growth company, this is the opportunity of a lifetime.
What you'll need
- At least 4 years of experience in quantitative analysis, and a deep educational background in an engineering or technical field.
- Prior management and team-building experience. You'll be managing several direct reports initially and will have the opportunity to scale, build and develop a team of experienced professionals.
- Self-starter and collaborative leader. Everywhere you go, you can't help but mobilize people, build things, resolve problems, get into the details, go above and beyond, and draw out the best in people. You are a doer and motivator of others.
- Excellent execution and organization. This team will be working with engineers and product leads at the forefront of the development cycle. To excel in this role, you should be comfortable executing with little oversight and be able to adapt to problems quickly.
- Strategic mindset - you're comfortable thinking a few steps ahead of where the team is at now.
- Experience with common analysis tools - SQL, R, and Python. Demonstrable familiarity with code and programming concepts.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top