Data Science Manager - Advanced Analytics
We’re looking for an experienced data science leader to lead and scale a team tackling some of the hardest data problems on one or more of our products.
Your team of data scientists will be partnering with Product and Engineering to drive actionable data insights and solutions from Uber’s large datasets. We work on every aspect of the product — whether it’s exploratory research to understand user behavior for riders and drivers, or running experiments to optimize untapped areas of growth, or building machine learning models to mitigate fraud on our platform. For the data science leader who wants to have a fundamental influence on the trajectory of a hyper-growth company, this is the opportunity of a lifetime.
- 4+ years of experience in quantitative analysis, and a strong educational background in an engineering or technical field.
- Prior management and team-building experience. You’ll be managing several direct reports initially and will have the opportunity to scale and build out a team of experts.
- Entrepreneurial. Everywhere you go, you can’t help but mobilize people, build things, solve problems, roll up your sleeves, go above and beyond, raise the bar. You are an insatiable doer and driver.
- Strong execution and organization. This team will be working with engineers and product leads at the bleeding edge of the development cycle. To be successful in this role, you should be comfortable executing with little oversight and be able to adapt to problems quickly.
- Strategic mindset – you’re comfortable thinking a few steps ahead of where the team is at now.
- Experience with common analysis tools – SQL, R, and Python. Demonstrable familiarity with code and programming concepts.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top