Data Science - Forecasting Platform
What you’ll be doing:
- Building and owning novel forecasting algorithms that can capture the complexity of Uber’s ecosystem, for example predicting the effect of weather, promotions, holidays, or the latest Beyonce concert.
- Your work will be leveraged by users across Uber so you’ll need to work effectively with a cross-functional team of data scientists and engineers to ensure scaling and implementation of these forecasting algorithms on our platform.
- Engaging with internal forecast consumers (city teams, PMs, data scientists, …) to help the forecasting platform team improve product fit.
- Building technology to allow teams to have a “self service” point of view around forecasting any business critical metric at Uber, whether it is a forecasting expert or someone who has little forecasting experience.
Here are the kind of skills we’re looking for:
- A graduate degree or equivalent in computer science or a quantitative domain plus hands-on software engineering and data science experience. Technical understanding must go from the highest abstractions down to the metal.
- 2+ years experience delivering, scaling, and owning highly successful and innovative data science products with your fingerprints all over them – you’re extremely proud of what you’ve accomplished.
- Demonstrable domain expertise in time series modeling and machine learning.
- Demonstrable proficiency in producing production level code (Python, Java preferred) and programming concepts, combined with the enthusiasm and passion to build.
- An ability to connect the deep domain expertise of the researcher with the pragmatism and scrappiness of the entrepreneur – you’re a true generalist.
- A high bar across the board – from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on.
- A “driver” personality – biased toward action, great collaborator and master disambiguator / simplifier – constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- Finger-tippiness with data: you just go get the data you need with no muss / fuss and can whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to leverage data to make decisions without getting stuck in paralysis by analysis.
- Hustle: you get things done fast by figuring out an appropriate solution
- Customer obsession: you are always ready to add that additional feature to make your users happy
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical / dental / vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top