Data Quality Analyst, AdTech
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
This Data Analyst role is a unique opportunity to build a new function in AdTech Data Operations team. You will be responsible for building processes, data quality & audit framework which improves a data quality and reliability for marketers in data driven marketing. You will be an expert with analyzing large data sets, enjoys diving deep into data analysis, discovering root causes, and designing long-term solutions.You understand the life of the marketing data, from where it is originates to where and how it is consumed. We're looking for someone who lives and breathes data and has an eye for detail and accuracy. You see ambiguity as an opportunity to plan the right solution from the ground up. You will have a mix of operational abilities to get stuff done, creative thinking to drive outside the box solution and passionate about automation.You have significant knowledge of data warehouse technical architecture, infrastructure components, ETL and reporting/analytic tools and environments.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Develop a deep understanding of the Ad data flow and process of daily campaign data operations across all paid channels.
- Establishes an on-going process to maintain quality data. Develop an automation framework for data integrity checks.
- Collaborate with Marketing Stakeholders, external Ad partners and Engineering to deliver on data quality KPIs.
- Design and develop a dashboard for Data quality & audit.
- Access quality of data in terms of accuracy completeness to the most granular level. Provide recommendations for system level improvements.
- Own all aspects of data quality services- from evaluation, design processes, trend analysis, identification of common operational defects.
- Identify opportunities to fix or improve processes, provide long-term solutions for marketers to build trust on data.
- Lead adhoc analysis in specialized areas like fraud analysis, campaign automation, remarketing and segmentation.
- Find opportunities to contribute to the breadth of Uber's marketing stack- data operations, tools in order to make operations efficient.
- Collaborate with external ad partners, Tracking, Data Operations and BI team to ensure that marketing stakeholders have access to data that is reliable for attribution and visualization.
What You'll Need
- 5+ years experience in any of these roles- marketing tech, data analyst, data operations, QA analyst or Tech operations.
- At least 5+ years of experience in data warehousing
- 5+ years of SQL skills.
- Demonstrates a high degree of attention to detail and validates assumptions about data correctness
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills with an attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to fluently communicate with engineering, product and marketing teams
Bonus Points If
- Strong background in automated testing
- Experience in Selenium or Cucumber
- At least 3+ years of experience in object-oriented programming (Ruby, Python, Java, etc.)
About the team
The AdTech team helps Uber spend our global marketing budget to maximize impact on our business. The Adtech team has an exciting opportunity to build a premier marketing platform.
Back to top