Data Insights Manager - Trust & Safety
Data is an integral part of Uber’s business. It drives the development of products and services on the Uber platform, measures the success of safety initiatives by the Trust and Safety Team, and surfaces opportunities to improve trust and safety on the Uber platform. We are looking for a data analyst to serve as the front line to triage and tackle our growing breadth of data questions. If you love data and passionate about safety, this role is for you!
- Mine data and analytics to gain a better understanding of safety across the globe on the Uber platform.
- Determine proper metrics for tracking the current and future state of safety.
- Develop dashboards that provide insights and visualization into safety metrics.
- Be a key member of the Prevention team – able to work with and provide good insights to internal stakeholders.
- Live and breathe in data and statistics as you’ll be leveraging multivariate analysis, logistic regression and time series analysis.
- Develop (A/B) experimental designs to test hypothesis on on safety metrics.
- BS/MS/PhD in Statistics, Economics with emphasis on Econometrics, Math, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of analytical and database experience with emphasis on statistical modeling and testing.
- Expert knowledge in SQL, R/Python.
- Strong teamwork skills and desire to help others learn.
- Ability to think outside the box and be creative with data.
- Passion for making the world, not just Uber, a safer place.
- Hustle and entrepreneurship – driven and focused self-starter, great communicator.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym and cell phone reimbursement.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top