Data Engineer - Xchange Leasing
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager for Vehicle Solutions, the Data Engineer - Xchange Leasing will have the chance to use their engineering skills to incorporate disparate data sources into a mission-critical operations and business analytics database and platform for all of Xchange's Business Intelligence and Data Science.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Build data expertise and own data quality for the pipelines
- Build and launch new data models and services that provide intuitive analytics to your customers
- Design, build and launch extremely efficient & reliable data pipelines to move data
- Design and develop new systems and tools to enable folks to consume and understand data faster
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW/HAVE:
- B.S. in Computer Science
- 3-5 years of experience
- A strong sense of teamwork
- A commitment to writing understandable, maintainable, and reusable software
- An innate desire to deliver
- SQL freak
- Deep experience in Python, Java, or Go
- You know how to bring data in from internal and third party sources, and you take reliability seriously.
- Love getting your hands dirty with the data implementing custom ETLs to shape it into information.
- You love efficiency and always have an itch to better tune your data pipelines to efficiently deliver accurate data
- Experience with Hadoop/hive, vertica, redshift, presto, pinot/scuba and data warehouse technologies is preferred
- Let's get organized! Experience creating and evolving dimensional data models & schema designs to improve accessibility of data
- Desired Skills (it would be great if you could check some of these boxes!)
- ETL tools (Kettle, Informatica, etc.)
- Shell Scripting (Python, Perl, Bash, etc.)
- Experience in Master data management
- Business intelligence tools (Tableau, Qlikview, Looker, etc)
- Database Performance concepts like indices, segmentation, projections, partitions
- Experience working with business partners and engineers to gather, understand and bridge definitions and requirements
- Troubleshooting query performance with Explain Plans and Query Profiles
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top