Data Engineer - Xchange Leasing
Uber is a venture-funded privately-held company headquartered in San Francisco. We are a global mobility and logistics technology platform: our flagship service allows users to request quality, on-demand rides with a touch of their smartphone and we are rapidly developing new products. We are present in over 400+ cities worldwide. Xchange is a subsidiary of Uber, providing flexible leases to potential and current Uber drivers in the US. We aspire to lead the leasing and lending industry by providing our drivers world-class credit solutions, and are and will continue to expand at a triple digit rate over the coming years. For more details on Xchange Leasing and the Uber Vehicle Solutions program, take a look at our Xchange home page HERE.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager for Vehicle Solutions, the Data Engineer – Xchange Leasing will have the chance to use their engineering skills to incorporate disparate data sources into a mission-critical operations and business analytics database and platform for all of Xchange’s Business Intelligence and Data Science.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Build data expertise and own data quality for the pipelines
- Build and launch new data models and services that provide intuitive analytics to your customers
- Design, build and launch extremely efficient & reliable data pipelines to move data
- Design and develop new systems and tools to enable folks to consume and understand data faster
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW/HAVE:
- B.S. in Computer Science
- 3-5 years of experience
- A strong sense of teamwork
- A commitment to writing understandable, maintainable, and reusable software
- An innate desire to deliver
- SQL freak
- Deep experience in Python, Java, or Go
- You know how to bring data in from internal and third party sources, and you take reliability seriously.
- Love getting your hands dirty with the data implementing custom ETLs to shape it into information.
- You love efficiency and always have an itch to better tune your data pipelines to efficiently deliver accurate data
- Experience with Hadoop/hive, vertica, redshift, presto, pinot/scuba and data warehouse technologies is preferred
- Let’s get organized! Experience creating and evolving dimensional data models & schema designs to improve accessibility of data
- Desired Skills (it would be great if you could check some of these boxes!)
- ETL tools (Kettle, Informatica, etc.)
- Shell Scripting (Python, Perl, Bash, etc.)
- Experience in Master data management
- Business intelligence tools (Tableau, Qlikview, Looker, etc)
- Database Performance concepts like indices, segmentation, projections, partitions
- Experience working with business partners and engineers to gather, understand and bridge definitions and requirements
- Troubleshooting query performance with Explain Plans and Query Profiles
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product. you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and. reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Free daily catered lunch and free snacks and drinks
- 401(k) plan, gym & cell phone reimbursement, nine company holidays.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top