Data Engineer, Self-Driving
At ATG, we are ambitious, engaged and excited about transforming the way the world moves. With locations in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Toronto, the Advanced Technologies Group is comprised of Uber's self-driving engineering team dedicated to self-driving technologies, mapping, and vehicle safety. Our teams are passionate about developing long-term technologies that advance Uber's mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere.
Our work doesn't end with transporting people. We are also developing self-driving truck technology to move goods more safely and cost effectively around the world. We are working to make the process of moving people and goods safer and more efficient.
Here are the kinds of skills we're looking for:
- Proficiency with SQL. We have a number of different SQL-based systems in use: MySQL, Postgres, Hive, and Vertica.
- Programming in Python. Most of our pipelines and analysis are done in Python.
- Familiarity with other languages like Go, Java, or Scala. Many of the systems we interface with are developed in other languages and require code to be written or maintained in those languages. If you don't know those languages already, you'll have the space to learn them.
- Experience Designing, building and launching extremely efficient & reliable data pipelines to move and process big data.
- Familiarity with distributed data systems like Spark, Cassandra, and Hadoop.
- Experience building data models and visualizations that provide intuitive analytics to your customers
- Able to work across multiple teams in high visibility rolesa.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, ten paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top