Data Engineer - Location, Sensing & Perception
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Are you excited by the idea of using bits to move atoms? Are you excited to directly impact logistics and transportation in hundreds of cities? Are you excited to help move people and things more efficiently around the world? If you have answered yes to any of these questions, you might be a great fit for this team at Uber!
We are focused on building robust sensor processing infrastructure that can scale to our explosive growth. Our data pipelines and extract signal from vast amounts of sensor data to provide insight to all of Uber's downstream services.
We are looking for an engineer who is excited to make an impact and has the skills to match. If you join our team, you will be working on some of the most interesting and challenging problems with a world class team that values growth and camaraderie.
Here are the kinds of skills we're looking for:
- Architecture chops. You should have opinions on constructing software systems and good knowledge of the principles of fault-tolerance, reliability and durability.
- Experience designing and deploying high performance production services with robust monitoring and logging practices.
- Capacity for courageously evaluating tradeoffs between correctness, robustness, performance, space, and time.
- Ability to build and interact with very large data processing pipelines, distributed data stores, and distributed file systems.
- Strong programming and algorithmic skills (we mainly use Java & Python).
- Experience in the following is a plus but not required: HDFS, S3, Kafka, Storm, Samza, Spark, EMR, Java, or Python
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Back to top