Data Engineer - Fraud
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
At Uber, we have many opportunities to work with large data sets and to create essential tools that then transform the data into insightful information. We are looking for a Data Engineer to build pipelines to move that information across systems, and to create the next generation of tools to enable us to take full advantage of this knowledge. The engineers on this team are a critical part of making our Fraud platform successful.
What you'll need
- Own data expertise and data quality for the pipelines
- Create and launch new data models that provide intuitive analytics to your customers
- Design, develop and launch extremely efficient & reliable data pipelines to move data
- Design and develop new systems and tools to enable folks to consume and understand data faster
- You have developed applications within the LAMP Stack environment
- Work across multiple teams in high visibility roles and own the solution end-to-end
- Experience with Hadoop/hive, vertica, redshift, presto, pinot/scuba and data warehouse technologies is preferred
- Knowledge of SQL is a must
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top