Data Engineer - Crystal Ball
At Uber, we have many opportunities to work with large data sets and to build essential tools that then transform the data into insightful information. We are looking for a Data Engineer to build pipelines to move that information across systems, and to build the next generation of tools to enable us to take full advantage of this knowledge. The engineers on this team are a critical part of making our Crystal Ball platform successful.
Crystal Ball is a forecasting platform that provides Uber with hyper-reliable long term global market intelligence. The team combines data science with large scale distributed systems to build services that help Uber make better decisions around product development, pricing, promotions, and how to grow in new cities.
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- Build data expertise and own data quality for the pipelines
- Build and launch new data models that provide intuitive analytics to your customers
- Design, build and launch extremely efficient & reliable data pipelines to move data
- Design and develop new systems and tools to enable folks to consume and understand data faster
- You have developed applications within the LAMP Stack environment
- Work across multiple teams in high visibility roles and own the solution end-to-end
- Experience with Hadoop/hive, vertica, redshift, presto, pinot/scuba and data warehouse technologies is preferred
- Knowledge of SQL is a must
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top