Data Analytics Visualization Engineer - Business Intelligence Data Platform
At Uber, we have many opportunities to work with large data sets and to build essential tools that then transform the data into insightful information. We are looking for a Front End Engineer to build intuitive interfaces that will help teams better understand the data the BI Data platform team creates. From Financial teams to Executive team the engineers on this team are a critical part of making our data engineering platform successful.
The Business Intelligence Data Platform group are the overseers of all the data utilized by the Uber financial and executive teams. Their work is imperative to the business and will help make better decisions around product development, pricing, promotions, and growth in new cities.
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- Database experience. You can navigate around a database with ease using SQL
- Product sense. You create more than beautiful code. Engineers at Uber play a crucial role in determining what we build and how we build it.
- Versatility. You understand how all the pieces fit together (front-end, database, network layer, etc.) and how they impact the performance of your application.
- Design chops. You care about your consumers: our operations teams. You optimize for intuitive and responsive layouts, maximizing for utility and efficiency so they can continue to grow Uber faster than any other company.
- Passion. You feel ownership over everything you ship; you’d never call code “released” until you’re confident it’s correct, monitored, documented, and tested.
- Team player. You rely on others’ candid feedback for continuous improvement.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top