Data Analyst - Xchange Leasing
Are you passionate about high-growth startups and have excellent problem-solving skills? Are you a demonstrated team player, strategic thinker, and executor? Are youpassionateabout turning raw data into meaningful business information? We want to hear from you!
Uber is a venture-funded privately-held company headquartered in San Francisco. We are a global mobility and logistics technology platform: our flagship service allows users to request quality, on-demand rides with a touch of their smartphone and we are rapidly developing new products. We are present in over 400+ cities worldwide. Xchange is a subsidiary of Uber, providing flexible leases to Uber drivers in the US. We aspire to lead the leasing and lending industry by providing our driversexcellent credit solutions, and we will expand at a triple digit rate. For more details on Xchange Leasing and the Uber Vehicle Solutions program, take a look at our Xchange home page HERE
About the job
The Data Analyst at Xchange Leasing is a chance to use your critical thinking skills to design, implement and track processes and structures central to Xchange Leasing’s growth. You’ll have the opportunity to not only think critically about how to solve problems, but also follow through on your ideas based on the results of your analysis. We’re looking for someone who has a very deep mind for numbers, is willing to take on opportunities, and possesses excellent business acumen.
What you’ll do
- Create platform(s) and instruments for other Xchange Leasing employees to leverage
- Continually improve and automate our methods for parsing data and incorporating it into real-time models, analysis, and actions.
- Write queries, perform ad hoc data analysis, and create data visualizations to keep the nerve center of our operations engine running at full speed
- Proactively develop new KPIs/metrics to identify trends in the 50+ countries we operate across multiple product lines
- Create reporting that is more actionable and real time. Actionable requires better data, calculations or visualizations/presentations. Real time requires creating scalable processes that help deliver more frequent data.
- Implement best practices of marrying financial and operational data. Data sources include Excel and Google spreadsheets, SQL, internal forecasting and planning tools.
- Create integrations and ETLs as necessary. This role is about more than piping data into one database but the data needs to all be in one place to best analyze it.
- Create dashboards and visualizations of complex data sets and calculations
What you’ll need
- Bachelors and/or Masters Degree in Economics, Math, Computer Science, Statistics, Management Science or other quantitative field.
- 2+ years of experience in a quantitative role, preferably within tech, consulting, or finance
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail; accuracy is a must!
- Savvy in SQL
- Excel fluency – you may have moved on from spreadsheets as your primary resource for data analysis, or maybe it was never your primary resource but in this role you’ll need to interface with people whose primary resources are Excel.
- Balance attention to detail with swift follow through – we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength
- Decipher huge data sets and cut through irrelevant distractions to the heart of core data questions
- Humble & resourceful – not afraid to take on lower-level projects when it will clear roadblocks
- Team player – this is a highly collaborative and supportive team environment
- Self-starter. You will take initiative, be proactive, set and push toward goals
- Excellent communication and people skills – numbers are key, but a business is built with people. Relationship building and adept communication are assets in our fast-moving environment
- Demonstrated development experience in at least one scripting language (Python preferred)
Bonus points if (optional)
- Understanding of Linux and Git a plus
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, ten paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top