Data Analyst - Xchange Leasing
Uber is a venture-funded privately-held company headquartered in San Francisco. We are a global mobility and logistics technology platform: our flagship service allows users to request quality, on-demand rides with a touch of their smartphone and we are rapidly developing new products. We are present in over 400+ cities worldwide. Xchange is a subsidiary of Uber, providing flexible leases to potential and current Uber drivers in the US. We aspire to lead the leasing and lending industry by providing our drivers world-class credit solutions, and are and will continue to expand at a triple digit rate over the coming years. For more details on Xchange Leasing and the Uber Vehicle Solutions program, take a look at our Xchange home page HERE
Reporting to the Head of Business Intelligence, the Data Analyst at Xchange Leasing is a chance to use your analytical skills to design, implement and track processes and structures central to Xchange Leasing’s growth. You’ll have the opportunity to not only think critically about how to solve problems, but also execute on your ideas based on the results of your analysis. We’re looking for someone who has a very strong mind for numbers, is willing to take on challenges, and possesses solid business acumen.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Create platform(s) and tools for other Xchange Leasing employees to leverage
- Continually improve and automate our methods for parsing data and incorporating it into real-time models, analysis, and actions.
- Write queries, perform ad hoc data analysis, and create data visualizations to keep the nerve center of our operations engine running at full speed
- Proactively develop new KPIs/metrics to identify trends in the 50+ countries we operate across multiple product lines
- Make management reporting more actionable and real time. Actionable requires better data, calculations or visualizations/presentations. Real time requires building scalable processes that help deliver more frequent data.
- Build best practices of marrying financial and operational data. Data sources include Excel and Google spreadsheets, SQL, internal forecasting and planning tools.
- Create integrations and ETLs as necessary. This role is about more than piping data into one database but the data needs to all be in one place to best analyze it.
- Build dashboards and visualizations of complex data sets and calculations
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW/HAVE:
- Bachelors and/or Masters Degree in Economics, Math, Computer Science, Statistics, Management Science or other quantitative field.
- 2+ years of experience in a quantitative or analytical role, preferably within tech, consulting, or finance
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail; accuracy is a must!
- Expert SQL experience required
- Excel fluency – you may have moved on from spreadsheets as your primary tool for data analysis, or maybe it was never your primary tool but in this role you’ll need to interface with people whose primary tools are Excel.
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution – we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength
- Analytical Ninja – get pumped up by deciphering huge data sets and cutting through irrelevant distractions to the heart of core data questions
- Humble & scrappy – not afraid to take on lower-level projects when it will clear roadblocks
- Team player – this is a highly collaborative and supportive team environment
- Self-starter – we don’t have time or desire to micro-manage. You will take initiative, be proactive, set and drive toward goals
- Excellent communication and people skills – numbers are key, but a business is built with people. Relationship building and adept communication are assets in our fast-moving environment
- Demonstrated development experience in at least one scripting language (Python preferred)
- Understanding of Linux and Git a plus
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product. you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and. reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Free daily catered lunch and free snacks and drinks
- 401(k) plan, gym & cell phone reimbursement, nine company holidays.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top