Data Analyst - Tech Services
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
We are looking for an exceptional data analyst who lives and breathes data. Our mission is to empower Uber with actionable insights and solve problems with data tools, dashboarding, and analysis. You will work closely with a team of engineers and build strong relationships with our internal customers.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with different teams across the org to understand our environment and proactively find opportunities to better the business
- Work from inception of a specified business problem to delivery of a solution
- Identify opportunities to fix or improve processes that make Uber better in the long term
- Work closely with your team to put together seemingly disparate pieces of data, build out the data warehouse and create interactive dashboards
- Effectively communicate data methodology and results to a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Write queries, contribute to larger scale products/projects and perform ad hoc analyses as needed
What You'll Need
- Excel guru; you can get your hands dirty when we do not yet have the right scalable solution in place
- SQL expert and general understanding of databases, relationships and data integrity concepts. We use a number of technologies: MySQL, Postgres, Hive, Presto, Vertica
- 2+ years experience with BI Tools such as Tableau or MicroStrategy
- Data visualization best practices
- Strong communication skills and customer empathy, capable of pushing for the best solution with tact
- Superior attention to detail, team player, and organization
- Willingness and desire to learn and grow – both technical and non-technical – in order to push the team and our customers to the next level
- 3+ years experience in quantitative/analytic role, preferably within tech
Bonus Points If
- Experience with analytics focusing on internally-built and 3rd party tools
- Web analytics/experimentation experience is a plus, such as Google Analytics and A/B testing
Back to top