Data Analyst, Strategic Finance
Forecasting a hyper-growth business is hard. Forecasting for one of the fastest growing companies ever, expanding globally across more than 400 cities, while driving optimization for evolving business models - that's a challenge for the bold and it doesn't come around often. As our company continues to expand aggressively, the Strategic Finance team is doing the same.
Uber’s Strategic Finance team has the unique position to have visibility into the entire organization, and this will allow you to reach insights others might not make. Combining financial and operational data helps us to prioritize initiatives and reach conclusions. We are building out a data analysis team to help us harness the increasingly massive amounts of data we have. Help us own key metrics and analysis that drive billion dollar decisions. So if you're ready to dive into a rewarding set of challenges and you've got the proven financial skills, experience, passion, and strong team mentality - read on and get in touch! The ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial spirit, hustles hard, and can handle
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Create platform(s) and tools for other strategic finance members to leverage. Think object oriented programming and service oriented architecture.
- Continually improve and automate our methods for parsing data and incorporating it into real-time models, analysis, and actions.
- Make management reporting more actionable and real time. Actionable requires better data, calculations or visualizations/presentations. Real time requires building scalable processes that help deliver more frequent data.
- Build best practices of marrying financial and operational data. Data sources include Excel and Google spreadsheets, SQL, internal forecasting and planning tools.
- Create integrations and ETLs as necessary. This role is about more than piping data into one database but the data needs to all be in one place to best analyze it.
- Build dashboards and visualizations of complex data sets and calculations.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelors and/or Masters Degree in Economics, Math, Computer Science, Statistics, Management Science or other quantitative field.
- 2+ years of experience in a quantitative or analytical role, preferably within tech, consulting, or finance.
- Excel fluency - you may have moved on from spreadsheets as your primary tool for data analysis, or maybe it was never your primary tool but in this role you'll need to interface with people whose primary tools are Excel.
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength
- Analytical Ninja - get pumped up by deciphering huge data sets and cutting through irrelevant distractions to the heart of core data questions
- Humble & scrappy - not afraid to take on lower-level projects when it will clear roadblocks
- Team player - this is a highly collaborative and supportive team environment
- Self-starter - we don't have time or desire to micro-manage. You will take initiative, be proactive, set and drive toward goals
- Excellent communication and people skills - numbers are key, but a business is built with people. Relationship building and adept communication are assets in our fast-moving environment
- Substantial SQL experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated development experience in at least one scripting language (Python preferred).
- Employees receive Uber credits each month
- Ground floor opportunity within a small but rapidly growing team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is - using the product you built.
- We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in an office environment who work hard but know how to have fun
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
Back to top