Data Analyst - Quality Management
Quality Data Analyst
Uber is a venture-funded startup headquartered in San Francisco. We are a global mobility and logistics technology platform: our flagship service allows users to request quality, on-demand rides and food with a touch of their smartphone and we are rapidly developing new products. We are present in over 500+ cities worldwide, including over 70+ cities in EMEA with plans to rapidly expand in the region. We have already found strong product market fit with a world changing service, but we’re only just getting started.
Our technology allows us to move the physical world: we believe that, through innovation and entrepreneurship, we can have a meaningful impact on cities around the world.
At Uber, providing amazing support for riders and partners, our community, is a core feature of our product experience. We invest in it, and believe in providing the highest quality service executed in the smartest, most efficient way.
ABOUT THE ROLE
At Uber, thousands of people are engaged in providing world-class support to our community. We answer to hundreds of thousands of customers support requests every month, and have an incredible amount of data to analyze.
This data is an invaluable source of knowledge to understand what our customers like or don’t like about our support, what we can do better and how we can provide a better customer experience when it comes to support.
In order to do that, we are looking for a rockstar Quality Data Analyst who is going to be in charge of analyzing all this data and turn it into actionable decision-making tools. This is a big mission: you will be at the center of the processes to increase our customer support value.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You’re prepared to:
- Drive analysis on projects/ experiments and use that to inform important strategic decisions improving the support experience for driver-partners and riders
- Coordinate with other members of the Global Community Operations Team to measure the impact and efficiency of new products and business processes
- Work closely with specific Lines of Business to provide insights that drive decisions around process, policy and service model
- Develop analytical frameworks to support the company with new markets and products
- Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes
- Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting models to assist city-level, regional, and global operations managers
- Build, maintain, and continue to optimize weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting
- Continually improve and automate our methods for gathering data
- Review data models and queries while performing weekly and ad hoc data analysis
- Proactively develop new KPIs/ metrics to identify trends
- Effectively communicate insights from and be able to tell a story around data
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
The ideal candidate will check the following boxes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Economics, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) Degrees or similar fields
- 1-4 years of experience using data to drive business decisions and presenting data visually: high growth, technology, strategy consulting, business intelligence, investment banking/ private equity background
- Experience working in a support environment highly preferred (contact management analytics, Zendesk API familiarity, etc.)
- Full SQL fluency required
- Skills with other programming languages such as R and/or Python highly preferred
- Exceptional Excel/ data management skills
- Startup, all-hands-on-deck approach
WHO YOU ARE
- A builder – Creating scalable content, with help from SMEs & curriculum leads, is a piece-of-cake.
- Tech Savvy – You are comfortable learning new systems and have experience in building and creating eLearning across multiple tools
- A self starter – You’re ready for the autonomy that comes with building a new process at Uber.
- A team player – You aren’t scared to collaborate across function or region to get the best possible outcome for your content.
- Poised – Cool and calm under pressure, you follow through on tasks and look for opportunities to step up to new challenges.
- Process driven – You have superior organizational skills, and constantly look to iterate on things to make them more efficient.
- Naturally curious – You love learning and are invested in making our Community Operations org successful through laying a strong foundation for our Community Support teams.
- Hustle – Uber moves fast, and runs lean. You’re flexible, fearless, and never satisfied with the status quo. You have no problem stepping on other people’s toes if it means pushing for the right idea that will help build awesome experiences for our users across the globe.
- Ownership – You get things done. Passionate, self-driven and fearless, you are deeply committed to taking Uber support to the next level and rise to the occasion to solve problems, big and small. You don’t wait around for other people to tell you what to do and have the initiative to solve problems on your own.
- Motivated – You understand the impact of a highly satisfied, excited crew of users, and are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues.
- Service orientation – As the voice of Uber to thousands of users, you’ll use this opportunity to make evangelists out of our toughest haters. Your efforts will create more reasons for people to use Uber and to continue to trust us to get them where they need to go.
- Employees are given Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top