Data Analyst, Payments Compliance
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the women and men who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
Passionate about high-growth startups and have very strong analytical and project management skills? Are you a proven team player, strategic thinker and executor? Eager to make an immediate impact on the direction of Uber? Then let's talk.
This role will help power Uber's market expansion through developing the company's user payments strategy, and driving business insights from user payments data. Ideal candidates are motivated, results-driven, self-starters who either have strong e-commerce payments experience or are hungry to acquire it. In this dynamic role you'll have serious impact as an early member of the hard-working team responsible for growing our global payments strategy, driving improved user conversion, managing costs, and optimizing the consumer experience.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Data analysis and visualization for payee data, from onboarding through payment configuration.
- Data quality review and remediation analysis for PII - to identify process and tool improvements.
- Analyze and root cause issues in payee data raised by Payments, Compliance and Fraud teams.
- Outreach to local teams on onboarding processes and business continuity planning.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
Ideal candidate must:
- Be able to write elegant and efficient code in SQL and Python
- Be curious and relentless to find answers
- Be able to generate and test hypotheses through data mining
- Be excited about building meaningful products
- Be able to provide quick answers in a very fast-paced environment
Ideal candidate should preferably have:
- Interest and experience in identity verification and/or payments space
- Interest and experience in 'Computational Linguistics'
- Familiarity with anti-money laundering, anti-fraud, KYC, and Bank Secrecy Act regulations.
- Opportunity to make a tangible difference to the quality of life
of people living in 300+ countries across the world.
- Ground floor opportunity as an early member of our payments team;
you'll shape the business direction of the company.
- Uber credits.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top