Data Analyst (Marketing), EMEA
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the job
As part of the EMEA Marketing Analytics team you will be at the heart of our business. With close ties to local operations teams your goal is to maximize growth via intelligent spend and world-class understanding of the user base. You will work with a broad range of teams including headquarter-based engineering, product, and process teams in Amsterdam and San Francisco.
What you'll do
- Play a role in shaping the newly created Marketing Analytics team, and help define the marketing strategy and vision for the EMEA region
- Build, document and scale world-class decision-making tools and reports that will help optimize our marketing investments
- Conduct in-depth analysis of the channel mix, be it acquisition or engagement channels, and drive intelligent budget allocation to maximize growth
- Have a deep understanding of the customer base and provide data-driven insights as to optimize the efficiency of our growth initiatives
- Be a multi-tasker, supporting teams in 110+ cities relying on your skills and recommendations to make high-impact, high-budget decisions
- Work with local Operations, Product, Engineering and functional teams to build products and processes that will improve our analytics capabilities, and be the voice of EMEA for all related matters
- Go getter attitude. Take ownership of Uber's growth in EMEA and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
What you'll need
The right person will be comfortable in a fast paced environment, able to operate and coordinate across multiple teams. You should be a proven innovator and data analysis expert, ready to build tools and analyses that can open the eyes of your collaborators on our rapidly growing business.
- At least 2 years of analytical and executional operations experience
- Data driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking and experimentation
- Strong project management skills that enable you to work with multiple teams in different time zones, countries and regions. Tackle large-scale challenges but don't lose sight.
- Experience interpreting and presenting data to various audiences as well as designing and building awe-inspiring tools; ability to translate quantitative findings into action plans
- Good SQL capabilities; experience with R/Python is a plus
- Exceptional excel/spreadsheet/data management abilities
- Proactive approach to solving problems and finding solutions
- Very strong communication and organization skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- Gym reimbursement, twenty five paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top