Data Analyst (Marketing), EMEA
Uber started out to solve a simple problem: the need to get a ride across town. Six years and two billion trips later, we’ve stumbled upon something a bit bigger: a new way to help tackle congestion—one of the most serious challenges cities face today. We are present in over 450+ cities worldwide, including over 70+ cities in EMEA with plans to rapidly expand in the region. We have already found strong product market fit with a world changing service, but we’re only just getting started.
Longer term, we’re optimistic that smartphone apps like Uber can also offer a real alternative to individual car ownership. After all, if you can press a button and get an affordable ride across town in minutes 24-hours a day, why bother to own a car? There is an alternative to a world that looks like a parking lot and moves like a traffic jam. Join Uber to help make that future possible!
As part of the EMEA Marketing Analytics team you will be at the heart of our business. With close ties to local operations teams your goal is to maximize growth via intelligent spend and world-class understanding of the user base. You will work with a broad range of teams including headquarter-based engineering, product, and process teams in Amsterdam and San Francisco.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Play a role in shaping the newly created Marketing Analytics team, and help define the marketing strategy and vision for the EMEA region
- Build, document and scale world-class decision-making tools and reports that will help optimize our marketing investments
- Conduct in-depth analysis of the channel mix, be it acquisition or engagement channels, and drive intelligent budget allocation to maximize growth
- Have a deep understanding of the customer base and provide data-driven insights as to optimize the efficiency of our growth initiatives
- Be a hustling multi-tasker, supporting teams in 110+ cities relying on your skills and recommendations to make high-impact, high-budget decisions
- Work with local Operations, Product, Engineering and functional teams to build products and processes that will improve our analytics capabilities, and be the voice of EMEA for all related matters
- Hustle. Take ownership of Uber’s growth in EMEA and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
The right person will be comfortable in an “all hands on deck” environment, able to operate and coordinate across multiple teams. You should be a proven innovator and data analysis expert, ready to build tools and analyses that can open the eyes of your collaborators on our rapidly growing business.
- 2-4 years of analytical and executional operations experience
- Data driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking and experimentation
- Strong project management skills that enable you to work with multiple teams in different time zones, countries and regions. Tackle large-scale challenges but don’t lose sight.
- Experience interpreting and presenting data to various audiences as well as designing and building awe-inspiring tools; ability to translate quantitative findings into action plans
- Stellar SQL capabilities; experience with R/Python is a plus
- Exceptional excel/spreadsheet/data management abilities
- Proactive approach to solving problems and finding solutions
- Very strong communication and organization skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment.
- Uber credits every month
- Ground floor opportunity with the team: shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to build a startup within a startup. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun and relaxed office environment
- Monthly gym reimbursement
- Full-time salary negotiable based on experience
- Equity compensation plan
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top