Data Analyst, Marketing
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
We're looking for an experienced data analyst on our Marketing Data Science team to develop analytical output to drive investment decisions for Uber's multi-million dollar marketing budget. As a member of this team you will offer a strong marketing-driven data perspective while working closely with business stakeholders, data science, product and engineering. You will be on the cutting edge of analysis, leveraging our data sources to propose new ideas and drive key strategic decisions through both offline and online efforts. The right person for this role has a passion for leveraging large scale data analysis and technology to power decisions across our marketing investment.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Develop frameworks, tools and processes to ensure that analytical insights can be incorporated into key decision making.
- Analyze clickstream data to monitor advertising partner quality and improve overall ad efficiency.
- Work with data scientists and engineering team to drive the development of analytical tools and visualizations.
- Effectively share insights and analyses to business stakeholders to drive business decisions.
- Ensure that we are properly understanding the value of all of our marketing channels – on both drivers and riders for acquisition and engagement.
- Be a key driver of marketing strategy, by thinking beyond immediate analysis to understand long term implications of actions.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree in a science or engineering field, or commensurate work experience.
- 1-2 years experience working with high-volume, high-frequency business data.
- Expertise with SQL databases – ideally Vertica, Redshift, and/or Hadoop.
- Familiarity with statistics, regression analysis, and causal analysis.
- Experience identifying and adapting to imperfect data.
- Experience with Python, R, or another scripting language.
- Experience visualizing data and creating reports.
- Ability to facilitate experimentation and conduct experiment analysis.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
Back to top