Data Analyst, APACx
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
We are looking for a Data Analyst/Scientist to join Uber's Operations team to drive analytical insights for our APAC cities. In this role, you will leverage our immense datasets (i.e mobile event, rider and driver behavior, geolocation, payment) and work with city teams, product managers, and engineers to drive decision making at the city, regional and global level.
This role is a great fit for candidates who have a strong Data Science background and are interested in turning their analysis skills toward solving operational and strategic problems.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What you'll do
- Dig through our extensive datasets to find actionable insights for city teams
- Run experiments across the world to help continuously improve our business
- Build Machine Learning models to help optimize our operations globally
- Work with Data teams across the company (i.e. product, engineering, finance) on cross-functional projects
What you'll need
- Extensive experience with common analysis tools - SQL, R, Python, Julia or similar. Demonstrable familiarity with programming concepts.
- 2+ years experience in quantitative analytical roles
- Highly analytical and able to extract key insights from data then communicate them clearly and effectively to stakeholders
- Advanced knowledge of experimentation and statistical methods
- Ability to work in high growth, ambiguous environment
- Graduate degrees are a plus
About the team
The APAC Analytics & Insights team works with regional partners across functions to drive data-driven strategic and operational decision-making. We do this by developing high-impact tools and analyses as well as performing deep dives and quantitative research on different areas of the business. The team ensures consistent analytical rigor and fosters synergy across business lines by being embedded within the Transport, EATS, Marketing, Strategy, and CommOps businesses.
Back to top