Customer Support Manager
At Uber, providing amazing customer support that establishes trust for riders and driver partners—our community—is a core feature of our product experience. We invest in this mission and believe in providing the highest quality service implemented in the smartest, most efficient way.
Community Operations is pioneering how Uber manages rider and driver partner support around the globe and we’re looking for a Customer Support Manager (you!), or Community Operations Manager as it’s known at Uber, to develop and lead various support efforts within our Brazil Center of Excellence (COE). Uber COEs are contact centers dedicated to providing excellent customer support to riders and drivers. Uber relies on the COEs to provide support for our community’s toughest issues types, handle escalations from our tens of thousands of business processing outsourcing (BPO) agents, and provide an environment to pilot support for new products or test new support modalities or processes.
This will be a managerial role with a heavy focus on people and continuous process improvement. Those interested should be excited to demonstrate those skills and be eager to lead a team of equally driven people.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead, motivate, and develop high performing teams within a time-sensitive and demanding environment to deliver on operational KPIs
- Set up career development plans, guide Team Leads, and develop them into awesome people managers You will be managing up to 5 Team Leads, who will each be managing up to 10 people. These team members are at the forefront of our business, answering our community’s questions and tending to their needs
- Work cross-functionally with various supporting teams (such as Quality Assurance, Training, Site Analytics) to ensure your teams are delivering exceptional customer experiences and meeting service level requirements
- Analyze the performance of your teams and provide constructive feedback to Team Leads on a consistent basis
- Be a Subject-Matter Expert (SME) on your team’s processes and policies
- Responsible for identifying trends within your team’s’ performance as well as overall support trends
- Nurture continuous process improvement to deliver a excellent experience every time, all the time
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of work experience in a high-volume and highly fast-paced service-industry or customer support environment including 2+ years of guiding large teams
- Willingness to work weekends and occasional holidays, in an operational 24/7 environment
- Prior experience in guiding large and diverse teams
- Demonstrated ability to manage effectively, set team goals, develop people to their highest levels of performance, and guide through challenging situations
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Self motivated with a thorough affinity for problem solving, always challenging the status quo and never settling for how something ‘has always been done’
- Always willing to roll up your sleeves and take on something hands-on; you persevere when others fall away
- Optimistic leadership: You have an enthusiastic attitude and are passionate about making magic for our Community. You view every support interaction as a chance to impact our riders and driver partners in a positive way
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience in service-industry, customer support, manufacturing or distribution in a high-volume and highly fast-paced environment
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top