Customer Insights Manager - UKI
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world. Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the job
Are you interested in developing and applying qualitative and quantitative solutions to Uber's biggest problems? Do you believe using data builds better businesses and has a key role in every decision a company makes? This is the job for you.
You'll be partnering with Uber's marketing teams to drive actionable data insights and solutions from some of the world's most interesting datasets. Our Insights and Research organisation works on every aspect of the customer experience — whether it's exploratory research to understand user behaviour for riders and drivers, setting up experiments to test the potential of untapped areas of growth, or assessing the business impact of ongoing initiatives. The perfect candidate has a strong quantitative and qualitative background, can pursue abstract business problems with acute precision, and has the enthusiasm and initiative necessary to deliver answers at Uber's breakneck pace.
What you'll do
- Be 'the voice of the customer' for the UKI business by driving research and customer insights projects and collating inputs from the entire business
- Drive our customer segmentation efforts across both riders and partner-drivers
- Work hand in hand with our research agencies, CRM team and internal stakeholders to deliver robust research and analytics
- Mine data and analytics to gain a better understanding of customer behaviors, including impacts of current marketing strategies
- Supply the marketing team with clear and actionable insights in order to work towards customer-centric marketing strategies
- Drive a culture of innovation and future-thinking to ensure that we're spotting industry trends that the marketing team can leverage to become world marketing leaders
- Be incredibly truth-seeking with data, set a high bar for the team to think boldly and creatively and drive the team towards providing clear and actionable data points to drive marketing strategy.
What you'll need
- +4 years of experience in customer insights / research and informing marketing strategy
- Strong background in qualitative research methodologies and survey design
- Experience handling research agencies and working towards clear and actionable data analyses
- Strong customer mindset - you ask and take on the most important analytical questions with a view on driving customer impact
- Driven and focused, great communicator - you are a self-starter and love the responsibility of having to paint on a blank canvas
Bonus points if
- Strong understanding of statistical analysis (i.e. propensity modelling, regressions, customer profiling and targeting, cluster analysis, A/B experimentation) would be a plus
- Previous use of SQL, R and other data analysis skills would be a plus.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- Gym reimbursement, twenty five paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top