Customer Insights Manager - UKI
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the job
Are you interested in developing and applying qualitative and quantitative solutions to Uber's biggest problems? Do you believe using data builds better businesses and has a key role in every decision a company makes? This is the job for you.
You'll be partnering with Uber's marketing teams to drive actionable data insights and solutions from some of the world's most interesting datasets. Our Insights and Research organisation works on every aspect of the customer experience — whether it's exploratory research to understand user behaviour for riders and drivers, setting up experiments to test the potential of untapped areas of growth, or assessing the business impact of ongoing initiatives. The perfect candidate has a strong quantitative and qualitative background, can pursue abstract business problems with acute precision, and has the enthusiasm and initiative necessary to deliver answers at Uber's breakneck pace.
What you'll do
- Be 'the voice of the customer' for the UKI business by driving research and customer insights projects and collating inputs from the entire business
- Drive our customer segmentation efforts across both riders and partner-drivers
- Work hand in hand with our research agencies, CRM team and internal stakeholders to deliver robust research and analytics
- Mine data and analytics to gain a better understanding of customer behaviors, including impacts of current marketing strategies
- Supply the marketing team with clear and actionable insights in order to work towards customer-centric marketing strategies
- Drive a culture of innovation and future-thinking to ensure that we're spotting industry trends that the marketing team can leverage to become world marketing leaders
- Be incredibly truth-seeking with data, set a high bar for the team to think boldly and creatively and drive the team towards providing clear and actionable data points to drive marketing strategy.
What you'll need
- +4 years of experience in customer insights / research and informing marketing strategy
- Strong background in qualitative research methodologies and survey design
- Experience handling research agencies and working towards clear and actionable data analyses
- Strong customer mindset - you ask and take on the most important analytical questions with a view on driving customer impact
- Driven and focused, great communicator - you are a self-starter and love the responsibility of having to paint on a blank canvas
Bonus points if
- Strong understanding of statistical analysis (i.e. propensity modelling, regressions, customer profiling and targeting, cluster analysis, A/B experimentation) would be a plus
- Previous use of SQL, R and other data analysis skills would be a plus.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top