Customer Engagement Manager - ANZ
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our app, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. From our founding in 2009 to our launches in over 450+ cities today, Uber’s rapidly expanding global presence continues to bring people and their cities closer. If you want to have a huge impact on your city and the world, this is the place to be!
About the Role
As member of the ANZ Operations team, you will be comfortable in an “all hands on deck” environment, able to operate and coordinate across multiple teams, and can thrive in a startup culture. You will be tasked with scaling the business, as we grow across ANZ and around the world. At a city and regional level, you will drive world-leading innovation, optimise the execution of work across teams and be a champion of collaboration between ANZ cities and the global business.
What you’ll do:
- Strategy. Decide which projects and areas of the engagement, retention, and education puzzle the team should focus on and set an ambitious timeline to reach those goals
- Engage. Your job is to get our existing driver-partners on the road by implementing best practices and innovating to create new processes and campaigns across the region
- Retain. You will also work to keep our existing driver-partners on the platform by creating and implementing re-engagement and loyalty initiatives
- Cost-Benefit Analysis. Evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of programs and work with management to execute those strategies
- Educate. Help our driver-partners learn how to use our system and get the most out of the Uber platform
- Analytics. Constant analysis of our driver-partner base by demographics, geography, and historical behavior to drive efficient and cost-effective growth of total engagement with the platform
- Product Improvement. Proactively search for new features which could improve a seamless driver and rider experience
- Partner Relations. Manage driver development, identify & attack problem areas for drivers, and negotiate with businesses to create new sources of partner value and loyalty
- Hustle. Take ownership of Uber’s growth in ANZ and do whatever it takes to get the job done
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- Self-starter attitude. You are an owner, you find opportunities and deliver solutions.
- Ability to educate and influence tens of thousands of customers using creative marketing
- Data driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking and experimentation
- Solid understanding of customer engagement
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment
- Bachelor’s degree
- SQL or other geeky skills a plus, but not required
- Data-driven marketing – you work confidently across on and offline
- Consulting, Accounting, or Banking background with numbers/excel driven decision instincts
- Tech enthusiast with product development and management experience
- Engineering background with dreams of applying similar process to people processes
- Corporate strategy background with a willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Employees are given Uber credits every month
- Monthly gym reimbursement.
- Ground floor opportunity with the Regional Operations Team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top