Customer and Brand Safety Coordinator
Incident Response Program Coordinator
At Uber, providing amazing support that establishes trust for riders and driver partners—our community—is a core feature of our product experience. We invest in it and believe in providing the highest quality service executed in the smartest, most efficient way. We’re looking for an Incident Response Program Coordinator to develop and support incident response efforts for our support operations around EMEA. This role will have a heavy focus on internal stakeholder management, data analytics, and continuous process improvement, and successful candidates will have previous experience demonstrating those skills in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
WHO YOU ARE
- A lover of process and optimisation. You will be scaling and building incident support processes for the Uber community. You’re excited about the opportunity to create and experiment with support processes, and are willing and able to lead others to adopt and utilize them.
- Data driven and analytical in mindset. You know data is a means to an end and know the right questions to ask to drive to actionable outcomes. You can explain complex analysis and data to a variety of audiences in a digestible way. You can manipulate an Excel sheet like nobody’s business. Bonus points if you have SQL, coding, or programming experience.
- Incredibly empathetic and understanding of both riders and driver partners experiences. You will be a powerful advocate for Uber’s users and should be obsessed with the community experience and laser-focused on safety.
- Cool and calm under pressure. This role will involve coordinating responses to complex and sensitive incidents. As such, you have superior organisational skills, integrity, and great follow-through on tasks.
- Naturally curious. You will use your investigative prowess and internal tools to come to the right answer.
- Wordsavvy. You’re eloquent and able to strike the perfect tone, whether you’re explaining a new policy to our internal customers, or riders and driver partners, explaining the importance of certain complicated metrics, or responding to support issues over email.
- Hustle. You work hard and smart and will take the lead in a minimally structured environment. You are flexible with your time and willing to travel in order to get the job done.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Scale and standardise the incident and safety response processes and policies across a complex and diverse mega-region (EMEA)
- Work with global counterparts to align and standardise incident / safety response work
- Drive communication of incident response teams globally
- Identify and establish key metrics to measure the effectiveness of the IRT program within region
- Support the Incident Response Team Roadmap taking into account the regional plans and drive innovation of processes
- Implement internal and external community safety policies
- Coordinate with our internal teams (Operations, Legal, Policy & Communications, Support Agents) to help resolve incidents to a high quality and timely manner while minimising inefficiencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications or economics
- Prior professional experience with optimisation, processes, systematic organisation, program/project management.
- Demonstrated Data/Analytics experience; Excel and ideally SQL proficiency.
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a very fast paced environment while remaining calm and level-headed
- Experience working independently in a minimally structured environment
- Crisis Management or Consultancy background preferred, but not required
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built.
- We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated, hardworking coworkers in a fun office environment
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top