CSR Team Lead - Czech & Slovak
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
At Uber, providing amazing customer support that establishes trust for riders and driver partners — our community — is a core feature of our product experience. We invest in this mission and believe in providing the highest quality service executed in the smartest, most efficient way.
Community Operations is pioneering how Uber manages rider and driver partner support around the globe and we're looking for a Customer Support Representative Team Lead) (you!), to develop support efforts and lead a Czech and Slovak team within our Krakow Center of Excellence (COE). Uber COEs are contact management centers dedicated to providing world-class customer support to riders and drivers. Uber relies on the COEs to provide support for our community's toughest issues and provide an environment to pilot support for new products or test new support modalities or processes.
This role will have a heavy focus on leading people and continuous process improvement. Those interested should be excited to demonstrate those skills and be eager to lead a team of equally driven individuals.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead, motivate, and develop high performing team of Community Support Representatives (CSRs) supporting riders and drivers in Czech Republic and Slovakia within a time-sensitive and demanding environment to deliver on operational key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Stay present and available for your team, answering questions, and providing real-time feedback
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME). Identify trending issues head-on and guide CSRs do the same in their daily work
- Coach CSRs and drive performance to serve our rider and driver communities; identify opportunities for additional training & development
- Be a point of contact for the team and liaison between the team and country operations
- Manage scheduling and administration support for the team, including shift and holiday planning
- Drive quality improvement initiatives
- Facilitate and assist the team to achieve operational excellence
- Consolidate and structure business insights for operations and engineering
What you need to know/have:
- Fluency in Czech and Slovak languages
- Bachelor's degree, Master's degree preferred
- Willingness to work weekends, early mornings, late nights, and holidays
- 1-2 years of leadership experience leading and managing diverse teams and individuals
- Proven ability to lead effectively, set team goals, develop people to their highest levels of performance, and guide through challenging situations
- Leading by example - maintain a positive, can-do attitude and encourage others to do the same
- Comfortable delivering tough feedback - you'll need to tune into CSRs' performance, give reinforcing feedback where necessary, and offer critical feedback for growth opportunities as they arise.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Optimistic leadership - you have an enthusiastic attitude and are passionate about making magic for our communities. You view every support interaction as a chance to impact our riders and driver partners in a positive way
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience in service, retail, customer support, manufacturing or distribution in a high-volume and extremely fast-paced environment
- Experience rallying individuals behind a cause, such as coaching athletics or after-school tutoring and mentor programs
- Competitive salary & benefits package.
- Snacks and drinks.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built.
- We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top