CSR Team Lead | Chicago
At Uber, providing amazing customer support that establishes trust for riders and driver partners—our community—is a core feature of our product experience. We invest in this mission and believe in providing the highest quality service executed in the smartest, most efficient way.
Community Operations is pioneering how Uber manages rider and driver partner support around the globe and we’re looking for a Team Lead, (you!), to develop and lead various support efforts within our Chicago Center of Excellence (COE). Uber COEs are contact management centers dedicated to providing world-class customer support to riders and drivers. Uber relies on the COEs to provide support for our community’s toughest issues types, and provides an environment to pilot support for new products or test new support modalities or processes.
This will be a managerial role with a heavy focus on people management and continuous process improvement. Those interested should be excited to demonstrate those skills and be eager to lead a team of equally driven individuals
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead, motivate, and develop high performing teams of Customer Support Representatives (CSRs) within a time-sensitive and demanding environment to deliver on operational key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Stay present and available for your team (~10 representatives); this includes covering the floor, answering questions, hosting weekly 1-on-1 meetings, and providing real-time feedback
- Coach CSRs and drive performance to serve our rider and driver communities
- Audit your team’s performance with weekly audits and coach towards progressive improvements; identify opportunities for additional training & development
- Manage enforcement of policies, including attendance; create and distribute reports to COE management, provide Senior Leadership with daily snapshots of team’s performance; escalate issues to Senior Leadership as necessary
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME). Identify trending issues head-on and guide CSRs do the same in their daily work
What you need to know/have:
- Bachelor’s degree or college experience preferred. Bachelor’s in Business, Communications, English or Journalism a plus; 1-2 years of management experience in customer support
- Willingness to work weekends, early mornings, late nights, and occasional holidays, in an operational 24/7 environment
- Proven ability to manage effectively, set team goals, develop people to their highest levels of performance, and guide through challenging situations
- Motivational skills – your team depends on you to inspire them to reach their full potential. You don’t let the stressors of the customer service industry negatively impact team attitude or morale
- Leading by example – maintain a positive, can-do attitude and encourage others to do the same
- Comfortable delivering tough feedback – you’ll need to tune into CSRs’ performance, give reinforcing feedback where necessary, and offer critical feedback for growth opportunities as they arise.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Optimistic leadership – you have an enthusiastic attitude and are passionate about making magic for our communities. You view every support interaction as a chance to impact our riders and driver partners in a positive way
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience in service, customer support, manufacturing or distribution in a high-volume and extremely fast-paced environment
- Past experience leading and managing diverse teams of individuals, such as an Assistant Store Manager
- Experience rallying individuals behind a cause, such as coaching athletics or after-school tutoring and mentor programs
- Employees receive monthly Uber credits
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you build
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Paid time off package
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style. If you think this is you, we’d love to connect.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top