CSR Team Lead | Chicago
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it’s heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We’re making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we’re doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber’s positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the job
At Uber, providing amazing customer support that establishes trust for riders and driver partners—our community—is a core feature of our product experience. We invest in this mission and believe in providing the highest quality service implemented in the smartest, most efficient way.
Community Operations is pioneering how Uber manages rider and driver partner support around the globe and we’re looking for a Team Lead, (you!), to develop and lead various support efforts within our Chicago Center of Excellence (COE). Uber COEs are contact management centers dedicated to providing premier customer support to riders and drivers. Uber relies on the COEs to provide support for our community’s toughest issues types, and provides an environment to pilot support for new products or test new support modalities or processes.
This will be a managerial role with a heavy focus on people management and continuous process improvement. Those interested should be excited to demonstrate those skills and be eager to lead a team of equally motivated team members
What you’ll do
- Lead, motivate, and develop high performing teams of Customer Support Representatives (CSRs) within a time-sensitive and demanding environment to deliver on operational key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Stay present and available for your team (~10 representatives); this includes covering the floor, answering questions, hosting weekly 1-on-1 meetings, and providing real-time feedback
- Instruct CSRs and cultivate performance to serve our rider and driver communities
- Audit your team’s performance with weekly audits and guide towards progressive improvements; identify opportunities for additional training & development
- Guide enforcement of policies, including attendance; create and distribute reports to COE management, provide Senior Leadership with daily snapshots of team’s performance; escalate issues to Senior Leadership as necessary
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME). Identify trending issues and guide CSRs do the same in their daily work
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree or college experience preferred. At least 1 year of management experience in customer support
- Willingness to work weekends, early mornings, late nights, and occasional holidays, in an operational 24/7 environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage effectively, set team goals, develop people to their highest levels of performance, and guide through challenging situations
- Motivational skills – your team depends on you to inspire them to reach their full potential. You don’t let the stressors of the customer service industry negatively impact team attitude or morale
- Maintain a positive, can-do attitude and encourage others to do the same
- Comfortable delivering tough feedback – you’ll need to tune into CSRs’ performance, give reinforcing feedback where necessary, and offer critical feedback for growth opportunities as they arise.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Optimistic leadership – you have an enthusiastic attitude and are passionate about making magic for our communities. You view every support interaction as a chance to impact our riders and driver partners in a positive way
Bonus points if
- Experience in service, customer support, manufacturing or distribution in a high-volume work environment
- Past experience managing diverse teams of people, such as an Assistant Store Manager
- Bachelor’s in Business, Communications, English or Journalism
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement
- Eight paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Robust paid time off policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top