In just over five years, Uber’s proud to be delivering our service throughout 63 countries in over 344 different cities across the globe. But that’s not enough – we want to become a part of everyday life for riders in our cities. We are looking for a customer retention and loyalty expert to help bolster Uber’s brand presence and proactively engage Uber riders in the region to ensure that Uber is top of mind for them at all the right times.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Speak to our customers. In close collaboration with with the US & Canada CRM team, you’ll help develop and execute creative email marketing efforts to help us reach our users.
- Test, track, and tweak. You’ll track and monitor the effectiveness and success of retention initiatives using relevant monitoring tools and a variety of A/B testing. You’ll set and deliver on tangible content and campaign goals (i.e. referrals, ROI, engagement, rides, etc.).
- Create: Creatively design, code, write, and automate breakthrough Uber communications.
- Analyze results and inform the broader strategy. Based on analysis of how past and current initiatives have impacted rider and driver behavior, you’ll recommend strategies and campaigns that will increase customer loyalty and engagement over time. The analysis and reports you generate will be used to inform experiential marketing and other brand building campaigns.
- Institutionalize learnings and build robust processes. You’ll playbook and document everything you do, and where your tests drive conclusive learnings you’ll ensure that these learnings are shared and implemented across the global Uber organization. You’ll work to automate and scale best practices wherever possible.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
The right person will be comfortable in an “all hands on deck” environment, able to operate and coordinate across multiple teams, and can thrive in a startup culture. You should be a proven innovator and marketing expert, ready to build Uber campaigns that can match our rapidly growing global brand.
- Email marketing strategy expert. You have proven success creating, tracking, and analyzing the performance email marketing campaigns. You can see the big picture of how to engage customers from the point of acquisition onwards and come up with all the right messages to send to customers at various touchpoints. You’ve demonstrated the ability to stay ahead of trends and adapt to new and changing email strategies and tools.
- Intuitive understanding of customer experience. You can put yourself in a variety of customers’ shoes and speak their language. Uber’s customer base is incredibly diverse, and you’ll be tasked with reaching all of it.
- Detail oriented execution machine. You’re skilled at planning, organizing, prioritizing and executing simultaneous projects and activities at once. You can prioritize high impact activities and keep complicated projects moving forward. You’ve proven your ability to work well under pressure and adapt quickly to change while keeping many balls in the air.
- Technical Expertise: You can code and automate complex variable content communications across enterprise and custom communications platforms.
- Hustle is your middle name. You thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment and can drive projects forward with minimal direction. You pick up things fast and run with them, wearing as many hats as needed and jumping in to help your teammates where needed. If you need a ton of hand holding, this isn’t the job for you
- 3+ years of experience in customer retention, including email/sms/digital campaign management, analytics and optimization
- Strong experience using ExactTarget is desired
- Proficiency in HTML
- Employees get free Uber rides each month
- Ground floor opportunity with the team on a new team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top