Critical & Crisis Case Support Agent - Malaysia
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our app, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. From our founding in 2009 to our launches in over 450+ cities today, Uber’s rapidly expanding global presence continues to bring people and their cities closer. If you want to have a huge impact on your city and the world, this is the place to be!
About the Role
Uber’s global brand relies on providing exceptional and responsive support to both our rider and driver communities. We hire top professionals because we are passionate about providing the highest quality service executed in the smartest and most efficient way. Our Regional Community Operations Specialists will be responsible for, but not limited to, revising working processes, overseeing customer service team, handling sensitive escalated issues, identifying problems and proposing customer obsession solutions.
What you’ll do:
- Manage critical incidents end to end, playing a key role in crisis management for the region
- Manage high-quality customer service processes across multiple platforms
- Work with the regional team to convert global/regional initiatives into policies which will have a positive impact on the local rider and driver community
- Collaborate with Community Support Specialists in South East and North Asia to take advantage of local insights across the region
- Ensure customer service teams deliver high quality performance
- Investigate both sides of incidents, verifying facts, and determining resolutions based on internal policies
- Handle very sensitive cases and potentially emotional riders/ drivers
- Monitor flagged and inappropriate content and identify trends in online risk
- Work with the Brand Safety lead to develop and enhance internal policies and tools
- Maintain high levels of confidentiality while performing investigations
- Comprehensively document investigations through written reports
- Interface with internal communications and social media teams
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- High quality communication skills in written and spoken English and local dialect
- Two-years of professional experience, preferably as a first responder, incident responder, customer service, or customer relations.
- Exceptional reading comprehension.. Must be able to connect what riders or drivers are asking for with answers to their specific issues
- Passion for helping others and creating customer support experiences that exceed users’ expectations
- High proficiency using computers and typing skills in both English and local dialect
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and find speedy resolutions
- Skilled at handling multiple issues at once to efficiently prioritize and solve a large number of inquiries
- Must work well in a team environment, contributing to a synergistic work environment where people learn from one another and continuously improve processes on behalf of users
- English and any one of the following languages: Bahasa Indonesia, Bahasa Malaysia, Mandarin, Cantonese, Tagalog, Vietnamese, Thai
- Customer obsessed – You will create ‘We Are Here To Help’ perceptions with our drivers and riders
- Ability to remain cool under pressure- You will stay calm under pressure and can be the rock for those who come to us when they need help
- Patient and attentive – You will have to display patience while listening to sensitive riders and drivers through critical issues and figuring out what they want
- Goal-oriented – You will do whatever it takes to achieve the KPIs in providing a high quality of Customer Obsessed experience towards our drivers and riders
- Able to close the deal – You will end the communication leaving drivers and riders feeling like their issues have been taken care of
- Willing to learn – You love learning how things work and you’re always looking for ways to innovate. You enjoy testing different support strategies and tracking the results
- Agile – You can move quickly and adapt in a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment. You will be on the front-lines of a highly visible, fast-growing brand
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top