Creative Director - LATAM (Mexico City)
Design in Mexico City, Mexico
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Uber is seeking a senior design manager to lead, manage, and grow the LATAM creative team. The role demands great execution, bold innovation, passion for quality, action and optimism.You are inspired by the unknown and never settle, solving problems with creativity while keeping the user in mind. You're passionate about taking projects to completion.
What you'll do
- Work among other exceptionally skilled staff in a fast-paced, rapidly growing, highly collaborative environment.
- From music festivals to marketing collateral, you will have the opportunity to give a local voice to Uber's communications.
- Conceptualize and execute both large scale and small scale brand expressions that are incredibly impactful and positive.
- Push projects to a world class level conceptually. Craft and lead premier executions that range from illustration to environmental design.
- Manage and direct outside agencies in a variety of cross disciplinary executions.
- Help designers become a source of inspiration for marketing efforts and inspire marketing management to be even more potent.
- Teach designers across regions how to strengthen their voices to become thought and creative leaders in their local markets.
- Enable regional teams to ship high quality design assets with minimal effects on velocity, maximizing quality, creativity, and timely delivery.
- Build team camaraderie and apply best practices in cross region knowledge sharing.
- Build the systems for you (and others) to effectively identify, evaluate and hire designers and writers who can take Uber to new levels of excellence.
What you'll need
- At least 5 years of relevant visual design experience in print, interactive design, environmental design, social media, and/or direct marketing, preferably in a traditionally managed creative or digital agency environment.
- At least 5 years experience directly managing, mentoring, and building local and remote design teams
- Highly strategic and conceptual thinker with love of storytelling and that pushes creative boundaries
- Excellent business acumen, with a solid understanding of how to achieve business objectives while meeting an expected brand standard and high bar for aesthetic quality
- Experienced overseeing relationships with brand consultancies and interactive agencies.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top