Creative Director - APACx
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our app, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. From our founding in 2009 to our launches in over 450+ cities today, Uber’s rapidly expanding global presence continues to bring people and their cities closer. If you want to have a huge impact on your city and the world, this is the place to be!
About the Role
If you have the right stuff to join the Uber Design team, you’ll work among other exceptionally talented staff in a fast-paced, rapidly growing, highly collaborative environment. From music festivals to marketing collateral, you will have the opportunity to give a local voice to Uber’s communications.
We are highly user-centric and we deeply believe we can innovate our way out of any box. The role demands great execution, bold innovation, obsession with quality, fearlessness and optimism to be inspired by the unknown and never settle, solving problems with creativity while keeping the user in mind and ambition to take projects to the finish line.
What you are:
You’re still an amazing designer
Your portfolio is so inspiring that we’d consider you for a staff level position, but your interests also lie in helping others become amazing designers. You still love to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty. You have creative dexterity to craft and lead world class executions that range from illustration to environmental design.
[Core Design Skills, Visionary]
You know how high to set the bar
Uber ships fast. You know what quality looks like and how to help teams ship at that quality with minimal effects on velocity. You don’t have to sacrifice quality for speed and you have mastered a variety of techniques to help your team move at the same pace.
[Arbiter, Organizer, Motivator, Visionary, Fearless Leader]
You teach the soft and the hard skills
You help designers become a source of inspiration for marketing efforts that inspires marketing management to be even more potent. You can help designers strengthen their voices to become a thought and creative leader. You build teams with watertight comradery.
[Team builder, Teacher, Good with People, Cross Functional Skills]
You hire world-class talent
Your network gets a slow clap from recruiters. You’re able to build the systems for you (and others) to effectively identify, evaluate and hire designers and writers who can take Uber to new levels of awesomeness.
You’re a force multiplier for the entire team
You improve the entire design and marketing teams, not just your direct reports. As a leader and example-setter you should be more effective when you’re not even in the room. Your processes will be celebrated, emulated and copied by teams throughout the organization.
Here are the kind of skills we’re looking for:
- Strong conceptual thinker
- 10+ years of visual design experience
- Experience leading and growing teams
- Cross disciplinary experience in print, interactive and environmental design
- A solid understanding of designing to achieve business objectives while meeting an expected brand standard and high bar for aesthetic quality
- Agency experience a plus, but not necessary
- Employees are given Uber credits every month!
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top