Country Marketing Head - Philippines
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Our Operations teams are the heart and soul of Uber. These are the teams that take our global product and localize it to an assigned market, while creating thousands of economic opportunities for drivers, and making transportation cheaper and more accessible for our riders. We are in the midst of incredible growth, which requires hard work. We are looking for people who are passionate about what they do and ready to roll up their sleeves to grow their city.
The Senior Marketing Manager role is a unique opportunity to lead the local brand, social, and content teams for the PH region, shaping the voice through communication on a variety of platforms. This role calls for a rare combination of strategic planning, ability to tell a story, meet deadlines, and leadership. You are comfortable taking initiative, love solving people problems and can thrive in a high growth environment.
We are moving a mile a minute to make sure that app users, partners and cities are able to experience Uber. Brand and Content are a big piece of that work and we're looking for leader for the PH Marketing team to help us connect and communicate with our city.
This is an rigorous business side role in a high growth environment that will work closely with the PH General Manager and other key stakeholders to continue driving rapid growth of Uber in the PH region. The Senior Marketing Manager will create excellent relationships with headquarters to implement and advise on strategic initiatives that include Brand, Content & Copy, Social, Business Development, and Policy and Communications. You will work with other Senior Marketing Managers along the west coast to align efforts and drive growth across the region.
What you'll do
- Lead and empower a team of Marketing Managers to run and grow the PH operations
- Manage the voice and brand of Manila through email, blogs, and all social channels for both riders and partners
- Develop content strategies and successfully meet deadlines in a productive environment
- Use Analytics to drive performance of our communications measuring engagement among riders and partners
- Be a brand partner with HQ design, enhancing visual communications while aligning with our brand guidelines
- Lead our copywriting process ensuring our messaging reflects our brand, our quality, and our values
- Partner with our events team to plan for everything surrounding major events, stunts and promotions in the PH Area
- Develop integrated marketing campaigns
- Collaborate with the PH General Manager and other team leads to outline the strategic direction of the business and implement processes to help scale as we grow
Who you are
- You have at least 4 years of brand and content experience, preferably in a deadline oriented environment.
- You have a meaningful marketing background preferably in a big data company rather than just CPG (CPG still good).
- You have at least 2 years of people management.
- You are adaptable to change and have the ability to execute quickly.
- Graceful. You are self aware, well-spoken on the phone and eloquent in emails. You'll humbly be the voice of Uber.
- You have excellent communication skills. You have exceptional writing and editing skills and can craft everything from emails and blog posts to policies and summaries, easily adjusting your tone/voice accordingly.
- Creative. You're always thinking of fresh ideas to generate signups and promote the brand.
- Open and curious. You're innovative, deeply creative and constantly looking for ways to improve upon things.
- Personable. You know how to work a crowd and persuade strangers.
- You are fast, resourceful, and have a go-getter attitude - You have no problem getting into the details and doing the gritty work that comes along with the higher-level thinking.
- A leader - You lead by example and have experience empowering a team to execute under pressure and tight deadlines.
What you'll need
- Experience with team management
- Marketing, sales and business development experience
- Brand management experience is a huge plus
- Excellent writing background; experience blogging and/or editing (grammar buffs wanted).
- Extensive/regular online presence and familiarity with social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Wordpress, etc.) a plus.
- A reputation as an influencer amongst your friends and community.
- Employees are given Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top