Country Lead, Uber Eats, Czech Republic
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
As the Country lead for Uber Eats in Czech Republic, you will have the unique opportunity to develop and scale our food delivery platform in one of our key markets globally. Balancing the needs of the consumer, the restaurant partner and the delivery partner is very complex. Add to that the fact that we're delivering a perishable product on demand and at massive scale and you have a really fascinating set of challenges to navigate. But food is also fun, and our users are passionate about eating great food, so you get to operate in a world that consumers love!
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Lead a team of smart and passionate people towards building the Uber Eats business in Czech Republic
- Set mission and strategy with your team and oversee the results-driven execution in your market
- Work cross-functionally: Collaborate with the Uber Eats team, Product team, and Engineering to communicate product and process needs to deliver Uber Eats in Czech Republic
- Initiate creative local marketing strategies and user growth campaigns targeted both at the consumer and the restaurant partners
- Build the business from ground up: Be onsite at different restaurants handling logistics and transport, helping restaurants optimize their supply chain and connecting their business with Uber's
- Work with teams across EMEA to help scale our cities through developing and sharing best practices
- Run experiments: We're looking for people who are curious and passionate about solving problems! As a startup within a startup, there will be many interesting challenges ahead. Experimenting and finding unique solutions is in our DNA.
- Engage with local regulatory and political stakeholders within the food delivery ecosystem
- Scale Uber Eats to other cities
What You'll Need
- A minimum of 6 years in business management experience in operations, strategy, technology, business development or a similar area. (Rapidly changing environment, P&L ownership are a plus)
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgement - you understand what drives value for each group in our marketplace and can make sensible commercial decisions to reflect this
- Effective project management - experience delivering on a multifaceted projects with many stakeholders
- Stellar relationship building skills and the ability to make smart partnerships happen, from negotiation to execution
- Experience leading a team, with willingness to invest in the coaching and development of your team members
- Ability to adapt with humility and resilience
- A passion for Uber Eats and growing the brand
Back to top