We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the women and men who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
As a Regulatory Counsel, you will be part of the team that proposes new legislation to regulate our business in the region. You will work closely with our top internal customers - Communications and Public Policy - to coordinate and facilitate case resolution according to support logic for each jurisdiction while balancing external expectations and demands.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with the Mexico & Caribbean Regulatory team, supporting Policy and other teams develop new regulations that fit Uber's business model in the region
- Be an active partner to internal business groups on rolling out Uber's business in Latin America
- Be responsible for compliance with laws in each of the cities where Uber is available
- Research, review, and analyze legal risks for Uber and its subsidiaries in the region
What You'll Need
- Minimum 5 years acting as counsel (or equivalent) for an in house legal department or a law firm
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- Experience with regulatory matters in Mexico
- Law Degree
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top