Counsel Litigation - LATAM
We’re disrupting the transportation world and with that comes the need for more legal clout. We
are currently searching for a Counsel, with expertise in litigation to join the Uber Legal Team as
we scale nationally and globally. You will be based in Mexico City reporting to the Senior
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work closely with the Senior Counsel Litigation and members of the Uber Legal team to identify and mitigate potential litigation issues in the region.
- Consistently coordinate, review, analyze legal risks for Uber in the region supporting to Senior Counsel Litigation for LatAm.
- Supervise, coordinate and collaborate with outside counsel to efficiently resolve lawsuits, claims and other potential disputes in the different cities in the region.
- Advise the business nationwide in litigation matters.
- Be an active legal partner to internal business groups providing daily legal advise on litigation matters.
WHAT YOU ARE
- 5+ years of litigation experience (at least 2 years of law firm experience preferred), regional experience is a plus.
- Strong academic credentials and law degree from a top law school
- Knowledge and expertise in civil, administrative and criminal litigation (experience in dealing with disputes with authorities preferred).
- Excellent business judgment, communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English
- Interest in expanding scope of your practice to other areas of law as part of a growing legal team
- You communicate effectively; work independently; are effective; when you see an issue that needs addressing, your instinct is to jump in and address it.
- You have high standards, integrity and strong ethical values.
- Enthusiastic about Uber
- Please send resumes in English*
- Ground floor opportunity and as an early member of our legal team, you’ll have the opportunity to establish policies and procedures for the company.
- We’re not just another social web app: we’re moving real assets and real people around their cities.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top