At Uber, we pride ourselves on the amazing team we’ve built. The driver behind all our growth, our bold and disruptive brand, and the game changing technology we bring to market is the people that make Uber well, Uber. Delivering a first class, on-demand transportation experience takes a critical eye for quality, and we want a Counsel for our Litigation Team who has the same passion for excellence.
This is a once-in-a-career opportunity to join a Litigation Team integral to a preeminent technology company engaged in legal battles around the world. Be a part of evolving the way the world moves—and influencing the law accordingly.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Manage a diverse range of litigation matters, in a multitude of practice areas (unfair competition, advertising, and other general business claims, to name just a few), in numerous jurisdictions across the country, and at various procedural stages (pre-litigation threats, small claims, class certification, trial, and appeals)
- Collaborate frequently with management to develop litigation strategy and ensure goal alignment across various business teams
- Take a hands-on approach to all facets of litigation, including responding to discovery requests, drafting and revising legal briefs, preparing witnesses for testimony at depositions and in court, and negotiating and drafting settlements
- Evaluate marketing communications and press releases, often on deadlines in response to recent events, to ensure factual accuracy and compliance with applicable laws
- Efficiently resolve lawsuits and supervise all aspects of outside counsel relationships, including staffing, litigation strategy, budgets and invoices, compliance with outside counsel guidelines, and work product, with guidance from Litigation Team management
- Identify, review, analyze and mitigate legal risks
- Advise on contract, rider and driver disputes, including drafting cease and desist letters and resolving small claims
- Devise litigation-related, scalable processes and procedures to navigate commonly encountered legal issues to help support a rapidly-growing, global business
WHO YOU ARE
- 6-8 years of broad litigation experience; in-house experience strongly preferred
- A devoted litigator ready to build an in-house law firm: someone who thrives on stellar brief-writing, legal research and strategy, and deposition and trial preparation
- Substantive knowledge and expertise in class action litigation, ideally including experience briefing class certification and participating in trials of class actions
- Familiarity with e-discovery issues, including document retention policies and procedures as well as collection, review, and production of documents
- A creative, entrepreneurial, and hard-working team player willing to pitch in on all projects — no matter how small or big
- Highly motivated, efficient, organized, and laser-focused on the details; able to juggle multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced environment, both collaborating as a team to stay in sync and working independently to get the job done
- Strong academic credentials and law degree from a top law school
- Outstanding writing and advocacy skills
- Excellent business judgment, communication, and interpersonal skills (outgoing, down-to-earth, and with a good sense of humor)
- Enthusiastic about Uber!
- Travel like a diplomat: employees are showered with Uber credits
- As a member of our legal team, you’ll have the opportunity to establish policies and procedures for the company while tackling legal issues of first impression — your job will matter and you will never be bored
- We’re not just another social web app: we’re moving real assets and real people around their cities
- We have access to an amazing list of advisors and investors that we actively engage
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top