Corporate & Regulatory Counsel, Latam
We’re disrupting the transportation and logistics space and keep growing in Latin America! We are currently searching for a Regulatory Counsel to join the LatAm Legal Team. You will report to the Legal Director for LatAm and be based at Uber’s Mexico City office. Do you want to bring your expertise to Uber? Take on what might be the best job you’ll ever have? Read on…
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Provide legal assessment related to corporate matters in general. Handle corporate matters of multiple legal entities across Latin America. Incorporation of legal entities, powers-of-attorney, shareholders’ meetings and corporate governance in general.
- Work closely with the legal team on corporate and regulatory issues impacting Uber in Latam.
- Provide strategic and proactive legal advice to internal business groups on regulatory matters.
- Be an active partner to internal business groups in the region and in headquarters on rolling out Uber’s business in LatAm.
- Ensure legal risk is managed in accordance with Uber business model.
WHAT YOU ARE
- 3 to 5 years working in house corporate legal department or recognized global law firm.
- Fluent in Spanish and English.
- Substantive knowledge and expertise in corporate matters.
- Experience with regulatory matters and handling legal entities across LatAm desirable.
- Strong academic credentials and law degree from a top law school.
- Possess excellent business judgment, communication, drafting and interpersonal skills.
- Capable of running projects independently.
- Interested in expanding the scope of your practice to other areas of law.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment for a company with operations around the world.
- Enthusiastic about Uber!
- *NOTE: Please submit resumes in English**
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets, and are reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Work with other sharp, motivated, passionate entrepreneurs in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top