Corporate Communications Lead (Indonesia)
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About Communications at Uber
The most successful consumer technology companies are brilliant storytellers, who put their products—as well as the benefits of those products—front and center in every communication.
Our team is responsible for telling Uber's story to the media and third parties: whether it's transforming how we get around town and the lives of people who value independent, flexible work; or cutting congestion in cities by getting more backsides into fewer cars. That's partly about building lasting relationships with the key news outlets and journalists in every country where we operate. It also about being creative in how we tell our story, including the use of social media, as well as working with the public policy team to develop campaigns that make the positive case for reform.
What you'll do
We are looking for someone to lead our corporate communications efforts in Indonesia, based in Jakarta. You will report directly to the Head of Communications, Indonesia. This role will involve:
- Helping develop our relationships with reporters across Indonesia at both a national and city level
- Establishing Uber's brand and and increasing the profile of Uber leadership with the media and third parties in Indonesia
- Working to tell our story—and the story of ridesharing—in creative, inspiring ways that resonate with journalists and on social media.
- Partnering with global and regional corporate communications team members to build communications strategies, and campaigns, that promote and enhance the overall reputation of UberWhat you'll need
To succeed you'll need to be:
- A self starter: Uber is a company of entrepreneurs and we want to work with people who enjoy building things from the bottom up too. Stuff changes fast in our world so you'll need to be highly adaptable as well as calm under pressure
- A great advocate: We're looking for people who can distill complex ideas into simple, honest and compelling communications. You'll need to write well and have the creative ability to tell stories—about our product, culture, people and the ways we're helping to improve life for passengers, drivers and cities.
- A strong influencer: We succeed by building effective relationships, and using those relationships to enable the best possible outcome for the Uber brand, and employees. Open and honest communication is paramount. You'll have a bias for action in everything you do—and a willingness to engage in debates, that can often become heated.
- A team player: Success at Uber depends on the ability to organize different teams (internally and externally) around shared goals. It's why we're looking for well organized people who enjoy working with others to get stuff done—and who can deal with the ambiguity that sometimes comes from working cross-functionally.
- Ideally, you would have 8+ years of experience in communications. We are open to people with experience in another walk of life, who intuitively get this stuff and may be looking for a career change. Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia, both oral and written, is essential.
- Employees receive free and discounted Uber rides.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Monthly gym reimbursement
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top