We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the women and men who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
Uber is one of the fastest growing and most talked about brands in the UK. Our mission as a team is to define our story and bring it to life in the UK. As we enter our next chapter of growth this is a top priority for the UK business. As a result we are building an expert team that can consistently create great content. This ranges from the detail of everyday communications with the growing community of riders and partner-drivers to bigger one off campaigns.
Your specific role will be to create content that helps existing riders and drivers love the brand. There will also be the opportunity to conceive social and campaign ideas with the team in house.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Originate all copy that goes out to riders and partner-drivers.
- Generate work across a broad range of channels and topics: Blogs, emails, in app communications, social, in house video content, venue creative, website copy.
- Partner with the marketing team and wider organisation to plan and write content
- Raise the bar on content creation at Uber by crafting compelling content and creating and iterating on tone of voice guidelines.
- Ensure all copy is bringing to life the spirit of the brand (in line with our new brand positioning).
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- A natural love and talent for writing.
- Buckets of ambition, a passion for your craft and plenty of hustle.
- An ability to adapt to a new tone of voice, helping to define it and push it forward.
- An ability to work in a fast paced environment, collaborating with a broader in house team.
- The ability to make the complex simple and the everyday inspiring.
- 5+ years experience, including in house experience.
- A great portfolio of work.
- Experience conceiving of campaign or social ideas, collaborating with design and brand teams.
- A track record managing your own workload efficiently.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- Gym reimbursement, twenty five paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top