Copywriter, Uber Eats - EMEA
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
Uber Eats delivers the best of your city right when you want it. Our curated menus feature dishes from the local spots you love and the ones you've always wanted to try. It's the same cashless payment as an Uber ride. So just tap the app, get your food delivered right to your doorstep and enjoy!
With over 200 cities globally, Uber Eats has rapidly become a massive growth opportunity within Uber. In EMEA, Uber Eats is already in 14 countries and 60+ cities and is looking to further expand its footprint in the region.
On the Uber Eats team, we're on a mission to make eating well effortless for everyone, everywhere. Uber Eats is looking for copywriters experienced in social, digital marketing and advertising to join our EMEA team. Come shape the EATS brand and invent innovative ways to introduce Uber Eats to the world. The right candidates will be excellent communicators, comfortable in a high-velocity environment, and passionate about content and brand building. This position is full-time and based in Amsterdam.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a highly engaged, fast moving team that shapes the future of food by making food delivery an #everyday thing.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- You create communications to inform and improve experiences, but more importantly to elicit specific actions that achieve business goals.
- Create content libraries that inform copy across all channels and audiences
- Partner with cross-functional teams to plan and write content
- Collaborate with designers to deliver high quality brand expressions
- Raise the bar on content creation at Uber by crafting compelling content and iterating on tone of voice guidelines
- You work through multiple rounds efficiently. And you think all the way through the experience, developing a solid foundation, tinkering, collecting feedback, and refining.
- You are committed to keeping projects on track while keeping messaging on target.
- You present your work with confidence, can rally people around ideas and are skilled at selling through concepts to key stakeholders.
What You'll Need
- A highly collaborative working style
- At least 3 years working as a copywriter in a creative agency or comparable in-house agency with a portfolio showcasing relevant experience writing for brand systems and branded executions (web, social, product, performance)
- Native English with excellent verbal and written skills
- A strong attention to detail. Every word is important and great copy demands great care. You are as committed to crafting error messages and emails as you are to brainstorming frameworks and branding principles.
- Experience using research to determine your communications strategies
- A broad understanding of using different mediums/channels to get your message across. You're skilled at telling the same story across multiple channels in a way that's integrated, yet optimized for every touchpoint.
- Comfortable with measurement metrics and SEO driven work context
- Can offer direction or critique design work when needed
- Organization skills; you can effectively manage your time and prioritize your work
- Experience with language localization process for multiple countries a plus
- Understands desktop vs. mobile, print vs. digital, and push vs. pull affects the way people read and retain information.
- Commercially astute; Experience working in an ecommerce environment (favorable);
- Familiarity with Google Docs
Back to top