Copywriter, Community Operations - Sydney
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our app, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. From our founding in 2009 to our launches in over 450+ cities today, Uber’s rapidly expanding global presence continues to bring people and their cities closer. If you want to have a huge impact on your city and the world, this is the place to be!
About the Role
At Uber, support is more than just answering questions. It’s about using the information customers give us as insights to help Uber grow. Moreover, providing amazing support that establishes trust within our community—riders, driver partners, UberEATS customers and delivery partners—is at the centre of the Uber customer experience. We’re obsessed about providing the highest quality service, in the smartest way. And for Uber to continue its growth and success, we need to be able to not only improve but also scale our fast-growing support operations.
We’re looking for a Copywriter to get involved in building, operating, scaling and improving Community Operations for Australia and New Zealand. Based at Sydney HQ, this role comes with a focus on producing and improving all our written content across a variety of external and internal platforms. In addition, as part of Community Operations, this role would have to advocate passionately on behalf of our community to influence the overall user experience, and manage stakeholder relationships across the larger business to set the right expectations and deliver handsomely on them.
- Your writing means business. You have an innate capability to produce written work that could not only improve user experiences, but also persuade and elicit specific actions. You are great at simplifying the complex, and could effortlessly phrase legal jargon, for example, in an elegant, comprehensible way.
- Incredibly empathetic and understanding of both riders and driver partners alike. You will be a powerful advocate for Uber’s users and are obsessed with the community experience.
- You iterate quickly and respect deadlines. When it’s time to get locked in, you know how to move fast while still being meticulous and conscientious in your work. You know a first draft is never a final draft, so you work through multiple rounds efficiently. You do whatever it takes to keep projects on track while keeping messaging on target.
- Naturally curious. You love learning how things work and you’re always looking for ways to innovate. You devour information to become a subject matter expert, then think through all the strengths and weaknesses of a communication strategy, and then construct thoughtful answers to every inconceivable question. Even when you think you have the solution right away, you try honestly to prove yourself wrong.
- An ace problem solver. You embrace challenges, and would stop at nothing to generate solutions—whether they’re hacky, short-term workarounds, or more sustainable, long-term process changes. You can design the right solution for the right environment, and have the diligence to follow through, win stakeholder buy-in, and deliver the desired outcomes.
What you’ll do:
- Distill the Uber voice into all the copy we use, making sure the copy we produce is aligned with our brand identity but at the same time also complies with all legal and regulatory requirements in the markets where we operate.
- Produce actual copy used across all modalities and channels of support—mobile, web, electronic, phone and chat; ensure we deliver outstanding support outcomes in whatever manner our users contact us, especially with respect to quality of the information presented to users
- Collaborate with other teams to iterate and experiment with content (e.g., language, tone, format, etc.) to strive for the highest possible level of quality in a way that balances the dual needs of global consistency and local touch.
- Partner with the global content team to commission line of business-specific copy, communicating often to align on goals and expectations.
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- Proven copywriter experience
- Bachelor’s degree minimum; degree in a related field or graduate degree would be a plus
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organised, process-oriented and deadline driven.
- Experience working in a support organisation or for organisations known for stellar support outcomes is a plus but not necessary
- Employees are given Uber credits every month!
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top